276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alone on the Wall: Alex Honnold and the Ultimate Limits of Adventure

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book, tells things that the Free Solo didn't. It talks about Alex's life and ascents before El Cap (in a lot more detail than in the film), it talks about other climbers and friends, which I recognised and could recall their achievements, that added a nice flavour to the book. And it was generally a nice book, covering quite a lot of information and mentioning a lot of films and books about climbing, which is very nice if you are looking for more information. Technically the only thing I wanted there were charts of the ascents (similar like to the Feb NatGeo of the El Cap) to have a better picture in my mind of what exactly happened. Music can be useful during training to help get you psyched, and I still listen to music on easy climbs or in the gym. But during cutting-edge solos or really hard climbs, I unplug. There shouldn’t be a need for extra motivation on big days, be it music or anything else." LE CIFRE DI VENDITA 2006" (PDF). Musica e dischi. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 January 2014. Alone on the Wall recounts the most astonishing achievements of Honnold’s extraordinary life and career, brimming with lessons on living fearlessly, taking risks, and maintaining focus even in the face of extreme danger. Now Honnold tells, for the first time and in his own words, the story of his 3 hours and 56 minutes on the sheer face of El Cap, which Outside called "the moon landing of free soloing…a generation-defining climb. Bad ass and beyond words…one of the pinnacle sporting moments of all time." Breithaupt, Don; Breithaupt, Jeff (2000), Night Moves: Pop Music in the Late '70s, St. Martin's Press, p.71, ISBN 978-0-312-19821-3, archived from the original on 22 February 2017 , retrieved 12 March 2016

MacDonald, Bruno (1997), Pink Floyd: through the eyes of ... the band, its fans, friends, and foes, New York: Da Capo Press, ISBN 978-0-306-80780-0 Alex Honnold cleaning his van in Yosemite National Park, California. (Photo by National Geographic/Jimmy Chin) ofThere are certainly better technical climbers than me. But if I have a particular gift, it's a mental one — the ability to keep it together where others might freak out." This one was interesting. On one hand, I am fascinated by Alex Honnold’s climbing abilities and mental fortitude in the face of the most daunting escapades. I’m also equally pleased to see the work he does in the clean energy field, especially when it comes to those to can’t afford it. On the other hand, every so often while reading, I came across a line that made me recoil and forget what I had been so impressed by. Whilst it was clear that whilst Alex hasn't free soloed El Cap, he feels his speed solo of the 'big one'with daisy chains, and a lot of free soloing involved has been equally as impressive as some of his ropeless ascents, but the public just don't quite grasp the subtle differences in climbing style. Will this lead to him trying the big one completely ropeless? Who knows?

A visually stunning adventure with a compelling character at the center." RAPHAELA NEIHAUSEN AND THOM POWERS, WNYC The Wall (Booklet). Pink Floyd. Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (UDCD 2-537). 1991. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link) Fitch, Vernon (2001), Pink Floyd: The Press Reports 1966–1983, Ontario: Collector's Guide Publishing Inc, ISBN 978-1-896522-72-2

I'm not thinking about anything when I'm climbing, which is part of the appeal. I'm focused on executing what's in front of me." In a real sense, I performed the hard work of that free solo during the days leading up to it. Once I was on the climb, it was just a matter of executing."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment