276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OATHMARK SKELETON INFANTRY

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First off for this Oathmark Review, I want to say that this book was an enjoyable read. It is a great book with high production values. I really like the combat rules and love that the game comes with campaign rules. There is not much “fluff” to the system, but I was never a fan of game “fluff” anyhow. I just want to roll dice and play games.

Looking at the plastic frames of the Oathmark Skeleton Infantry, you will notice that you get enough hand weapons, spears, and bows that you can equip every skeleton with anyone of those options. That gives you the flexibility you need to arm your undead army how you wish. I found the activation method in this game less frustrating than Dragon Rampant. You roll against your Activation number. If you pass, you can perform your full action (two actions). If you fail, you can still do a partial action. In Dragon Rampant, you don’t get to go at all and you lose your turn. These seems to be confirmed by fresh news on Wargameterrain: "We will have a regular release schedule for plastic Oathmark figures this year, including: Human Cavalry, Dwarf Light Infantry, Revenants, Orcs and Goblin Lt Infantry." Human heavy cavalry: will be included in the Human Cavalry box (although I dont see any heavy cavalry on the possible box art), or will it became a separate set? If a separate set, will it be the same size as the former ones, or its time for smaller boxes (because 15 Human Heavy Cavalry is a really huge and expensive force)? Or maybe some metal/resin casts with separate horses and riders, maybe separate hands+weapons to combine? Ah thats a shame about Neverboard, I wondered why they hadn't been posting up on facebook recently. I only used them occasionally though.Like Battlesworn this book is a nice and well-made addition to the game. When you view your Kingdom as an Army generator and don't care for chariots you could certainly skip this one and still have fun playing Oathmark for the foreseeable future. The miniatures here match up quite nicely to the artwork that we saw on the cover of Oathbreakers and have that awesome shambling quality to them from classic Fantasy. It works very well with the Tolkienesque elements of Fantasy that Oathmark was woven into his aesthetic through their releases. Here it is, you get 8 plastic frames of skeleton miniatures. Aside from the integrated bases on 3/4s of the miniatures, there are no bases to speak of here. Wargames Atlantic Skeleton Warriors Plastic Miniatures Box Set comes with 8 identical plastic frames with no bases. In this post you will see the plastic sprues of the miniatures, some completed (and painted) figures, plus the Champions and Characters available to the army. The WA Afghan kits ought to mix in great with some Persianized Halflings - the turbans, swords and old-fashioned Afghan guns would make some very interesting Halfling soldiers, though adapting the guns to halflings might require some creative modeling - I've not tried it, but it would be an interesting project! The little Afghan shields are perfectly sized for halflings.

Some kit bashing by Codex d’Araden (this also gives a further scale comparison to some more brands too)

And there are quite a bit of spares after assembly, so your bitbox is going to grow by a few parts. Deathrattle Skeletons (who recently took over from the pretty decent Skeleton Warriors from 7th edition) At 25 GBP you pay a bit less than a pound per miniature. So these are both great for skirmishers, either a warband of their own or to boost your NPC/monster pool, but work very well as a regiment builder. With the Revenants box, North Star added an elite option to their undead range, and I assume we can expect cavalry in the future as well (which would be a big plus, as plastic skeleton horses are hard to come by). Revenant cavalry: If a separate set, it has the same issues, as the Human Heavy Cavalry. But what if they combine it with the Revenant Chariot? I think, thats the way to go! I think we are trough with the missing units. Regarding monsters and artillery, I wouldn't make any prophecies, because there is only one official monster, and zero official artillery available. Thats to few to draw any lesson from it. And the characters?Northstar has a lot of metal miniatures, the tooling for metal casts is relativelyeasy to make, so there is everything possible!

The heads were okay, but I tought I could improve them even further. Games Workshop covers as part of their terrain range a well filled set of plastic skulls (340 in total!) for about 20 GBP. I took a few of these and used them instead of the original ones, and I am more than satisfied. Especially those with the loose jaws really bring it home. Oathbreakers has s urprisingly nothing, not even the box art of the already available Skeleton Infantry... The book also contains three Military Expeditions. These are actually ready-to-play mini-campaigns of up to 4 scenarios that come with a few unique territories to be won. Below is my table of contents for the video. Use these time stamps for if you want to watch just specific parts of the review. There are a number of advanced rules for players to take the game up to the next notch. Personally, I am going to try to get into the advanced rules as soon as I start playing, but that is just how I roll. Now, let’s take a little look at some of the advance rules in this Oathmark review.

Sub-categories:

We start with the five different bodies and as usual with these kits, I am going to mix the weaponry, to show you a bit of each, what is possible with this kit. This will end up in building a small warband rather than a regiment, but with two sprues I would be far from that anyway. I hear you asking, what is in the box? Well, let’s take a look. What is in the Wargames Atlantic Skeleton Warriors Plastic Miniatures Box Set? Before starting, I want to thank Osprey Games for giving me permission to use images from the book, and for sending me a review copy of the game. All three books are more-or-less built up around a central theme and offer some extras on the side. One should not mistake them for equivalents of the classic "army books" as only Oathbreakers can be viewed as such really. Their contribution to the game is mostly collateral and has more to do with new units, mini-campaigns, terrain and RPG-esque additions. I don’t have a picture of the champion to share here, but he is in the video below. All of the miniatures here, I built using just the contents of this boxed set. Scale Comparison Image

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment