276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Days of Blood and Starlight: The Sunday Times Bestseller. Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy Book 2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war. Show more I had a couple of issues with the development of the story toward the end; I just didn’t believe a character’s reactions and interactions. Karou is living with the evil freaking Thiago and the other chimaera. They are all hateful and evil with the exception of a few. But I won't go into that without giving away some major spoilers that you need to read for yourself. OMG!

Dead souls dream only of death. Small dreams for small men. It is life that expands to fill worlds. Life is your master, or death is.”

Did we miss something on diversity?

I also wanted a tiny bit more romance- I understand that more action was needed to advance the plot, but there was, like, NO romance. And I want to see more of them 🥺🥺 Issa yearns to see the outside world. Issa is intrigued by Karou's humanity. Issa is obsessed with Karou's drawings of the human world. She likes seeing the normal things. She is especially fascinated by the nudes. To her, the human form is a missed opportunity despite being plain and not spliced together with other species. She never misses an opportunity to see a drawing of Kazimir nude. This book took a turn for the bleak. It was definitely darker than the first one and that might be why I took one star off. I was hoping to see at least some uplifting scenes but for the most part this book focused on war, grief and revenge.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it. I am one of billions. I am stardust gathered fleetingly into form. I will be ungathered. The stardust will go on to be other things someday and I will be free." - Karou, Chapter 75, pg. 456Let’s see. You know how, at the end of Romeo and Juliet, Juliet wakes up in the crypt and Romeo’s already dead? He thought she was dead so he killed himself right next to her?” While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

This is approximately the circumstances in which we find Karou and Akiva at the beginning of Days of Blood & Starlight. All available blurbs and summaries are a little coy and vague about what this sequel has in store for its readers. Wonder no more. This is a dark, brutal novel with a war at its core. At the opening, Akiva just gave his seraphim brotherhood all the tools to destroy chimaera, and chimaera...well, they are almost completely eradicated as a nation. Karou is chimaera's only real hope of survival. No more talk of romance and love in this story. Akiva and Karou are in different camps now, with an abyss of resentment, guilt and disappointment separating them. The writing style as in the first book was classic and unique.It is what makes this book ever more special.The author has this way of twisting words.Confusing sometimes but it is so beautiful to read.At one point in Days of Blood and Starlight, Karou says that their story is like Romeo and Juliet’s but instead of waking up to find that Romeo had committed suicide, she wakes up to find out that he went on to decimate not only her entire immediate family, destroy her city and then proceed to commit genocide against her entire race. Lovely. Overall, such a great read!! 😩😩 Having such a good time with this series 🥰🥰 I would definitely recommend if you want: Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment