276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum: The most funny Sunday Times bestselling debut novel about motherhood you’ll read this year

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tara has realized that between motherhood and her office job she has all but lost herself some where in between. Can Tara juggle, a teen, two kids under six, her husband, a full-time job and find herself ? This was a hilarious and remarkably honest look at being not just a Mammy but also about whether you can be yourself too.

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum by Serena Terry | Waterstones The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum by Serena Terry | Waterstones

This was a sadly funny look at a mother losing her s**t over her newly teenaged daughter, her age, weight, kids, and a full-time job. And let me tell you, Tara takes a beating at her career. As a matter of fact, she takes a beating over almost anything, but the biggest issue is she gives herself the most extensive beatings. I can see where Tara is coming from since I passed this way myself. As a matter of fact, I have no clue why I'm still not as cool with everyone else as I am inside my own head (LOL). Now I'm just an Olde Pharte! It'll hit us all sooner than later! Tara is constantly pointing out other people based on looks, especially other women. She acts as if they are judging her when it is her who is judging them based on their weight, looks and if their are a woman, whether they have kids or not.I enjoyed the premise, as I'm a mom around the main character's age and feel the same about never making time for myself. Alot of the references I understood and made me nostalgic. It was a cute, light read. I don't think it's something I'd read again but I did get a couple laughs and some heartfelt moments from this book. It is a bit confusing with the derry/Irish words, but there is a little reference to these words at the end of the book (which I didn't notice until the end) so I just kind of read these words and didn't completely understand what it meant. I loved the premise and the main character finding to love herself more while realizing sometimes things are better as they are. Also, after I reading this I realized the Author was popular on social media. I could see her wit inside the writing so I'm sure her social media platforms are a bit funny! She needs a makeover and intends to demonstrate her coolness to her teenage daughter. She wants to prove to her husband that she is still a complete ride and prove to her coworkers that she's still the boss. The husband. I just loved how supportive he was. And I could also understand that he was confused by Tara’s change. I mean, if my husband suddenly started doing things with his hair or would start to wear other stuff and also react differently than normal, I would also worry/be confused. So yeah, at points I could understand, at other points I was like, boo, just let her do her thing. You can also see that she is getting a bit happier. It would definitely help if you would not just say she is fine, or nice, but instead gave a bigger compliment. But I did love that he was there for her and made sure that she had her own time to just do her thing. Just to blow some steam off. Tara is determined to prove to herself she can be a mum, work full time and still be Beyonce! Is that not something we can all dream about?! I suppose I found it more hilarious because it was all relevant to me - I too have 3 children, including a 13 year old and a two toddlers and my god this book just captures what real life is like perfectly. Brilliantly written, very very funny and so relatable!

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum (Audio Download): Serena

I couldn't and wouldn't put this book down. The trials and tribulations of being a mother, a wife, a friend, a colleague and more.This is a laugh out loud, hilarious account of the life of Tara, a married, 36-year-old mother of 3. The trials and tribulations of being a mother, a wife, a friend, and a colleague come through so well and in a hilarious manner.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment