276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Citizen Eco-Drive Men's Nighthawk Chronograph Watch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Nighthawk’s case features sharp and angular cuts that enhance its rugged and pilot-inspired aesthetic. The bezel has a polished finish, while other areas of the case have been brushed, giving it a contemporary and distinct appearance that exudes quality. Some people dislike the metal bracelet, but I don't have a problem with it. The links are solid and polished. Clasp is also nicely done. There are enough links to get it customized easily to a small wrist and even has a micro adjust on the clasp to fine tune it. I ended up having to take out every removable link but I also prefer a more snug fit on my wrist. The dial looks terrific. It is busy, but remarkably legible. it’s just a beautiful design and extremely unique. Without question, this is the best feature of the timepiece. The Nighthawk’s brushed and slightly polished case and lugs give it a sporty look that is suitable for a variety of settings, ranging from a casual work environment to outdoor adventures or even a day at the beach. It is, without a doubt, a versatile timepiece that can handle anything you throw at it. Dial The first thing you’ll notice is the striking dial design. You’re instantly met with a sea of information besides just the time.

The main feature in common is the case and bracelet – although it does add the increased functionality of a quartz chronograph – useful for measuring elapsed time. On the other hand, this watch evokes a very “Special Operations” component of air missions, like the famous/secret 160 th SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Regiment) which, among many missions, famously transported Seal Team 6 to the Bin Laden raid. The biggest is most certainly the mineral crystal. This could be a design feature as mineral crystal is far less shatter proof than Sapphire (and for pilots, this would be critical), but the average person who wears this watch doesn’t fly a plane. Please Citizen, at least make an offering with Sapphire glass. According to Citizen, the watch is accurate within +/- 15 seconds per month, though my own experience with the watch shows it to be off by less than one second per month. The watch has never run out of power on me, and a single charge typically lasts well over six months. The lug width is a standard 22mm, so it can take all of your 22mm NATO and leather straps. If you’re a rebel like me, you’ll put 20mm straps on it as well if they look good.One of the reasons why I find the Nighthawk endearing is its five-year warranty, which is a rare feature for watches in this price range. This only adds to the watch’s overall appeal. Your new Eco-Drive timepiece is specially powered by proprietary ECO-DRIVE TECHNOLOGY, which converts any source of light (natural and artificial) into usable energy. The harnessed energy is then s... When I first lay my eyes on a watch, the initial impression it leaves on me carries a lot of weight. In most cases, if a watch fails to impress me within the first 30 seconds, it becomes an uphill task for it to win me over. While this approach has proven to be reliable, there have been instances where I have grown to like watches that initially seemed unimpressive. The Nighthawk watch features Citizen’s solar-powered movement B877, which is Eco-Drive proprietary technology. This movement can be charged through exposure to natural or artificial light sources, including light bulbs.

Citizen got a lot of things right with this watch, and the case size and construction are no exception. The Nighthawk is 42mm in diameter and sits very comfortably on the wrist. The dial is the perfect size to show off everything without being too large or too small. There are many watches available in the same price range as the Nighthawk, but few offer as many features. Additionally, the high-quality bracelet is a standout feature that sets it apart from other watches. The dial of the Nighthawk is the primary draw for most consumers, and in this regard, Citizen certainly delivers. The intricate markings on the dial are protected by a flat, mineral crystal that features an anti-reflective coating. Meters of water resistance. This watch has been in the ocean and pool at least about 7 times and has had ZERO issues. Accuracy is just one aspect I consider when evaluating the performance of a quartz watch. The Nighthawk excels in terms of wearability, making it a versatile, all-purpose timepiece. Whether worn on its bracelet or a strap, it exudes a sporty or rugged vibe, respectively. In addition to its precision, the Eco-Drive movement’s solar power capability is a valuable feature to have in a watch.These hands point to a dedicated subdial that’s arranged in a unique orientation; two concentric semicircles: the white going from 0 to 12 (12am to 12pm), and the red going from 12 to 24 (12pm to 12am). These correspond to 24-hour time, or “military time”. The watch wears very well. At 41mm it is a comfortable medium-large size, but given its all-dial design, it appears much larger and really stands out on the wrist. The faceted design of the case matched with the information intensive dial give the watch a fairly aggressive demeanor that can be very eye-catching. In fact, this watch has garnered more attention from people around me than most of my watches. Given the masculine lines, good build, 200m water resistance and bold dial, this is a great option for wearing in active situations, but it still maintains a level of refinement making it welcome at the office and other less casual places.

The case is a bit on the larger side, but wears fine on a smaller wrist given the shorter lug to lug distance. Some people complain that it is "all dial" but again I don't get this criticism. It simply does NOT wear like a huge, clunky watch. If that is what you desire, there are tons of aviation inspired watches out there that are 45+mm which will suit you just fine. For me, finding something 42mm or under that also fit on to a smaller wrist was a chore and I was quite satisfied with how this product sits. One note on the Nighthawk’s slide rule bezel, it doesn’t line up perfectly. When doing calculations, I found that the answer was usually a little off of where it was supposed to be (i.e. in multiplying 30×2, with 30 over the origin, I would find the solution, 60 would be off mark by a hair). While this doesn’t really affect the ways in which I would use the bezel on a daily basis, which would allow for a margin of error, you should be aware that it is there. The slide rule is a cool function. I don't know how useful it would be in day to day use when everyone has a calculator on their personal devices, but makes for a nice conversation piece. Takes a little bit to learn how to use, but after watching a few online videos and doing an exercise or two you can acquire the skills necessary to calculate speed, time, distance, and fuel consumption over the Atlantic without any advanced computing devices necessary. The Nighthawk’s versatility is another reason why it offers great value, as I mentioned earlier. It can serve multiple purposes: as a tool watch that can be dressed up or down. It looks sporty on the bracelet and can have a completely different appearance with various straps. On the left hemisphere, you’ve got the most distinctive implementation of a GMT/dual-time analog display. Citizen accomplishes this by using one central hand with two airplane-shaped tips – a red and a white one.The shape of the case is very angular and aggressive, but without detracting from comfort. This gives it a very robust military aesthetic, adding ot the entire design.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment