276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hugh and I [DVD]

£9.86£19.72Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mr Crispin is a thug who thinks violence will solve a problem, Mrs Crispin is a snob and their daughter Norma is constantly being stalked by men. Nostalgia Central covers the period 1950 to 1999 and contains some words and references which reflect the attitudes of those times and which may be considered culturally sensitive, offensive or inappropriate today.

Of the episodes I saw, my favourite had to be A Fete worse than Death, with Joan Hickson and Patsy Smart, incredibly funny. After cashing in on their winnings, Hugh and Terry embark on the first leg of their round the world cruise. The site carries no advertising, and I rely on donations to help with running costs and to keep the site running for your entertainment and education. He fails to sell a policy to both sets of neighbours, but the man he does sell a policy to is injured when Terry's sign falls on him, so is able to make a claim.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Produced by master of the sitcom, David Croft, who was also responsible for co-writing Dad’s Army, Are You Being Served? Lost episodes of classic Eric Sykes and Terry Scott sitcoms discovers : News 2023 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide". A slight correction to a comment above is that it's the sixth, not the ninth, episode of the first series which is AWOL from this release, (as it is from the BBC Library alas).

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.Episodes: Fully Incomprehensive; A Brace of Peasants; Here Comes the Bride; Royal Visit; A Fete Worse Than Death; A Dog’s Life; Putting On the Ritz; Love Thy Neighbour; Lost Property; Trad Fad Lloyd; Wedding Bells; April in Paris; Prison Visitor; The 19th Hole; Turn for the Nurse; Where There’s a Will; A Sink of Iniquity; Holding the Baby; The Root of All Evil and A Place in the Sun. Synopsis currently unavailable, this episode was recovered in July 2017 by BBC South producer and presenter Richard Latto. Husband Harold Wormold has vanished from the series and brother-in-law Cecil has taken his place with Haig looking like his "LeClerc" role in 'Allo 'Allo! Also features Jack Haig as Cecil Wormwold, who took over the role from Cyril Smith, whom passed away earlier that year.

Missed this when it was on TV so when I saw the dvd was available I wanted to watch it and I have not been disappointed at all. The picture and sound quality could benefit from a clean up but I suppose it's better to have this than nothing at all.Also features Deryck Guyler as a ticket inspector, Fred Emney as Lord Popham, Judith Furse as his wife, Lady Popham, Frank Williams as an army officer, and John Junkin as a soldier. Read all Terry Scott is a youngish bachelor who wants to achieve wealth without putting in any hard work. What you actually get over the three discs is series 1 episodes 1-8 (episode 9 is missing from the archives) and series 2 complete episodes 1-12. Getting up at 5am and wandering around on cold moors quickly loses its appeal, and it doesn't help that there are army manoeuvres there, so they head south to Brighton. All episodes from the first, fifth and sixth series were 30 minutes, while episodes from the other series were 25 minutes long.

The surviving 25/30-minute episodes are indicated by their archive status, as are the two Christmas Night With the Stars specials. Lobelia Avenue, Tooting, was the home of Mrs Scott (Vi Stevens), her troublesome, unemployed son Terry (Terry Scott), and their lodger Hugh (Hugh Lloyd), a worker at a local aircraft factory. It's their annual holiday and Hugh was looking forwards to Mrs Crabthorne's guest house at Brighton as usual but Terry has booked them grouse hunting in Scotland. These days you can't poke fun at anyone without being accused of being sexist, racist, homophobic etc. Terry discovers that the Crispins have been allowed to join his local Bowls club, so he decides to take up Golf instead.The characters are very funny, Terry playing a slimy smart Alec who isn't as smart as he thinks he is, And Hugh being the Dimwit who isn't a total pushover.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment