276°
Posted 20 hours ago

On Connection: 'Powerful' MATT HAIG (Faber Social)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

De krachtterm ‘India’ stond lange tijd voor (zelf)relativering, geduld en het besef dat je altijd (altíjd! Creativity holds the key: the ability to provide us with internal and external connection, to move us beyond consumption, to allow us to discover authenticity and closeness to all others, to deliver us an antidote for our numbness. So, this review might be really awkward and I don't think it lives up to the book, but yeah, it left me a different person. But this is a review of On Connection rather than another opportunity to listen to me praise one of my favourite people, so I’ll just say that if you want to hear about what their music has meant to me you can check out this article that I wrote last year . William Blake alıntıları da Jung’un rehberliği de başvurulan makaleler de hem çok doğru hem de çok ilham verici referanslar.

One of the bits that has stuck with me the most - “No one really cares about what you said or how you said it.Or felt frustrated at how live music and theatre are undermined and dismissed by a government that fails to recognise their immense value? Anyone who knows me, follows me on social media, or listens to me blathering away over on Picky Bastards , will know how I feel about Kae Tempest. Nu lijkt het alsof ik bovenstaande levenshouding (die ongetwijfeld sporen van Zenboeddhisme, Stoïcisme en mindfulness bevat) ten gronde beheers. It is a rambling collection of things that sound meaningful by the nature of the topics mentioned and the heaviness of the big words being used all the time, but that carries little actual substance.

In this urgent and incisive pamphlet, Kae Tempest leads the reckoning against this system, placing our legacy in our own hands. Met onze focus geketend aan schermen, aan plannend vooruitkijken, aan zielloos consumeren en aan fast news, fast kicks, fast alles waarmee we voortdurend voorrang geven aan nut boven zin, aan snelle oplossingen boven langzame bloei. Tempest heeft het over ervaringen van tijdens tournees in verschillende plekken en landen als beginnend (slam) poëet waarin hen op onverwachte momenten verbinding vindt met het publiek dan wel toevallige passanten. In India had ik ontdekt dat de stank van open riolen en vers geslachte geiten het aroma van sandalwood en garam masala niet terneerslaat, dat hemel en aarde zich als buurlanden verhouden, dat vele mensen die duizend keer minder hebben dan ikzelf op een gemiddelde dag dubbel zo vaak lachen. Twee doorgaans zieke baby’s die elkaar ’s nachts aflossen om huilend de wacht te houden, hebben me bijna genekt.

Mi primer libro con lenguaje inclusivo, y debo decir que su lectura fue más fácil de lo que imaginé. Themenschwerpunkte sind gut ausgearbeitet, die mir keine neue Erkenntnis verschafft haben, denen ich dennoch gezwungen gern gelauscht habe. Gelukkig vond ik vorige week een kersverse houvast: het boekje On connection van de Britse (slam) poet Kae Tempest. The only parts I found interesting (probably because they had some narrative cohesion and weren't just nebulous, jumbled streams of consciousness) were Tempest's own personal anecdotes, although these were generally brief and infrequent. stars for me, but from how badly I just had to struggle with my annoyance to make it through the last few pages I have to round down, not up.

But when it does come, it is wondrous: “I am granted access to a freedom so resolute it leaves me shining head to toe… Looking out at the crowd, I see reality at last. I probably can't and won't carry it around with me everywhere (can I tho) but I for sure will read it again and again.This short book is non-fiction in which Kae explores the value and meaning of creativity and connection to others. Leven is leren dus als ik op mijn sterfbed lig te ijlen over India, water en connectie dan weet je waar het vandaan komt. Belki hiç bilmediğimiz bir şeyler söylemiyor Kae Tempest ama bildiğimizi o kadar güzel, öznel bir yerden söylüyor ki beğenmemek elde değil. Kae Tempest has added one more string to an already crowded bow: On Connection is the first nonfiction work by this Mercury prize-winning musician, Ted Hughes award-winning poet, acclaimed playwright, novelist, and chief creative chronicler of the last decade. Dividido en las partes que se suceden durante el montaje de un espectáculo escénico, Tempest hace vibrar al lector igual que hace vibrar al público encima del escenario.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment