276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop Citadel Base: Averland Sunset

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This bonded pair of Squigs found their way into my home when I got a box of Zarbaj’s Jitz with my Adepticon swag bag last year. The two have been inseparable since I adopted them, only leaving each other’s side to mau Hi, I’m Charlie, and every now and then I enjoy throwing freehand details onto my tiny plastic children. My mid-tier efforts are usually met with an abiding thumbs up, but occasionally they’re met with deep confusion. How did I do that? How could anyone do that? Did I sell my soul to a used cake salesman? The decision to list these specific armies is based on the aesthetic of the armies and how Averland Sunset can be used to enhance the look of the troops and machinery of these factions. Pet love extends beyond the bounds of Games Workshop. Knight Models get in on the action in a whole bunch of ways, from Harley’s hyenas to the giant goddamn demon that Damien Wayne drags around. But none more majestic then the owls that the Court of Owls deploy. Owl. Credit: Lupe Eldar: Averland Sunset can be used to paint the robes and clothing of Eldar models, adding a touch of warm, muted colour to their appearance.

The Night Lords scheme has probably changed the least from the originals, since the “dark blue with lightning bolts” motif is an instant classic. They actually look entirely different from the vehicles, but that works. For these guys the lore is that vehicles are out in the field and the toxic wasteland fighting for months at a time and are beaten to hell, and the infantry are either inside the vehicles or they are dead. You can see in this group shot that they all look fine standing side by side. In fact, the different paint schemes actually help, making the infantry pop rather than blending in to the vehicles behind them. Wash the entire mini with the following wash: 1 part Sepia wash, 4 parts Orange wash, 1 part flow improver, some water According to Colour Forge, all 23 spray primers are designed to match Citadel Colour paints. There are equivalents for almost all current Citadel spray paints, as well as equivalents for many popular Citadel Base paints such as Rhinox Hide, Naggaroth Night and Steel Legion Drab. And if you miss OOP spray paints like Averland Sunset spray, you should find the perfect replacement with Sunset Yellow. For Contrast fans, there are also equivalents for Greyseer and Wraithbone. Imperial Guard: The Imperial Guard is one of the most iconic factions in the Warhammer 40K universe and the Averland Sunset paint is a great choice for painting the armor of their soldiers and machinery. The warm, orange tones of the paint will add a sense of realism and depth to the models, making them look like they have been through the rigors of battle.

Red badges: Mephiston Red, Nuln Oil in the eyes and such, and Evil Sunz Scarlet highlights. With officers I tried to incorporate more red in sashes and such, painted the same way. Vehicles Focus this on any sculpted chapter badges, as well as the eyes on your miniature. (switch to a very fine brush for the eyes). How to Paint Imperial Fists Step 13 – Basecoats, Part 2 I then applied the transfers, spraying varnish over them. (This is the last bit of varnish until the end, I swear).

As before, ensure that the paint is worked well into the bristles of your drybrush. You want this paint to catch on only the most raised features, so take some time to make sure the paint is really worked into the brush. The sanctioned psykers are fun models. A few touches of brass and my officer color makes them stand out on the battlefield. There are some freehand elements that are much more easily done with stencils and airbrushing. If it’s easier to cut a stencil of your design than it is to use a brush, don’t be a masochist. Everything in this article, however, is about those times when you’re doing it by hand. Or those times when you don’t own an airbrush. Chaos Space Marines: Averland Sunset can be used to paint the armour and weapons, including the power armour, bolt guns, and other equipment. It can also be used to paint the skin and clothing of daemonic creatures and other characters associated with Chaos.Bugman’s Glow– This paint is a flesh color that is warm and bright, it can be used as an analogous color to Averland Sunset, it will create a balance and harmony with the orange tones. Mechanicus Standard Grey (a whole nother coat because it is actually quite different from the spray) Drybrush the dirt with Steel Legion Drab followed by a lighter drybrush of Gorthor Brown (optional: do a final light drybrush of Ushabti Bone)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment