276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I'm a Big Sister

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Instead of fostering a “me versus baby” mentality from day one, these big sister books show your child how the whole family will work together to take care of the baby (and have fun doing it!). Although Sun Yat-sen is typically referred to as the first president of China, in fact he was only acting president, and for a very short time. For more than a decade he struggled with opponents within the Nationalist Party (which he did not found) to gain the presidency. Allied with gangsters, Sun employed hardball tactics, including assassination, to gain power but was never successful. He was a womanizer and treated all three of his wives (Ching-ling was the third) very badly. “A friend once asked him,” Chang writes, “what his favourite pursuits were; he replied without hesitation: ‘revolution’ followed by ‘women’.”

This is a fascinating, immaculately researched and referenced historical work that tells a gripping story of power, intrigue and shifting alliances together and with how personal relationships effected the political and historic outcome of one of the World's most important and enigmatic countries. We learn how the sisters from colonial influenced Shanghai grew up as Christians and were all educated in the USA and became so "westernised" that at times they struggled to speak their own native language.Soong Ching-ling (Red Sister), married Dr. Sun Yat-sen, who has been credited as the “Father of China” for having played a leading role in the movement to overthrow the Manchu Dynasty. After his death in 1925, she sided against her family with the Communists. During the last three decades of her life she held an honored role in Red China as Vice-Chairman under Mao Ze-dong and Deng Tsiao-peng. Ai Ling dopo essere stata assistente di Chiang sposò H. H. Kung, ministro delle finanze del governo nazionalista Unfortunately, a lot of the typical big sister books present the experience of becoming a big sister as a completely negative life change. Little Miss, Big Sis †—One of my kids’ favorite books of all time is Plant a Kiss, and this book features the same main character. With sweet rhyming text, your child will get a realistic preview of the ups and downs of being a big sister. We read this one just about every day. The best books about becoming a big sister take it even one step further. They show the challenges of welcoming a new baby into the family, then show the older sister feeling empowered to work through those challenges and make up efficient solutions.

I’m not normally a great fan of non-fiction, especially political tales, however this riveting biography is so well written it at no time becomes weighed down. The three sisters, their lives and loves, make for some fascinating reading. Moving from grand parties in Shanghai to penthouses in New York, from exiles’ quarters in Japan and Berlin to secret meetings in Moscow we read about power struggles, godfather style assassinations, secret talks and bribes making this a book that is compulsive reading. The author crafts the extraordinary story through writings of many people who knew them at the time. These include letters from lovers, teachers and acquaintances, and reminiscences of fellow-students. It seems well researched, with occasional footnotes to help you place subsidiary events in context. Big Sister, Ei-ling, became Chiang's unofficial main adviser - and made herself one of China's richest women.

You can’t pretend life after the new baby will be exactly the same. Your child will definitely experience some new challenges. Buku ini sengaja saya baca utk yg pertama di tahun 2021 krn saya kuatir bakal lama membaca buku nonfiksi biografi berbahasa Inggris. To my surprise, I couldn't believe I finished read this book today. I'm so happy and excited because this book is great and very good for biography/memoir. The absolute best big sister books take it one step further. They present the challenges of becoming a big sister, then show the older sibling feeling empowered to work through those challenges and come up with their own solutions. For example, suppose you’re pregnant and every time you run into anyone you know or you encounter strangers at the grocery store, they say something like this:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment