276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dirt

£13.245£26.49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can push this about 10db past unity and it's still absolutely thumping, earthshattering guitar riffs. I'm now of the opinion the quality differences are due the arrangements Sony had between the US and EU manufacturers and may even be why the back of the Walmart and United outer sleeves do not include the Sony Music label adjacent to the Columbia/Legacy/Velvet Hammer labels, whereas the yellow opaque outer sleeve has Columbia/Legacy/Velvet Hammer/Sony Music.

ODirt is the second studio album by the American rock band Alice in Chains, released on September 29, 1992, through Columbia Records. I recently received my copy, I was a little worried when I started reading some answers about the best MOV master. I have my doubts though if this will come close to the latest repress of Facelift, which was just perfect, thanks to Chris Bellman. On the mov the symbols might sound the tiniest bit better, but the 2022 beats it in every other way.The album received critical acclaim and has gone on to sell five million copies worldwide, making Dirt the band's highest selling album to date. No gatefold, a plain black and white lyric sheet and the most basic inner sleeves possible, generic black paper, not poly-lined. For lifers and newcomers alike, this 30-year anniversary edition serves as an ideal opportunity to revisit a genuine classic, far murkier and riddled with antagonistic depths than any of its would-be peers.

One of the things this album is most famous for is Jerry's thick, massive guitar tone, which is mostly lost here, where the hell are the mids? With the previous mixed reviews I have to say my MOV release sounds great, no inner groove distortion or sib, very dynamic and nice soundstage , i came on here to see about the new 2 record set and as im writing im listening to this and again it sounds great! Side A of this remaster is 11 minutes long and has almost no dead wax, so it has a lot of headroom and little compression. Arguably one of the most integral tentpoles of the grunge movement, Alice In Chains' seminal sophomore effort, Dirt, changed the game upon its release in 1992.If mov had put it on 2 disc it would most likely be better than the 2022, but I think the point of vinyl is to sound separate and clear. A3 published by Buttnuggett Publishing / Jack Lord Music / Lungclam Music / Phlegmbot Music (ASCAP).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment