276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shall We Tell the President?

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The sixteen-minute speech had been interrupted by applause on ten occasions. But as the nation’s Chief Executive turned from the microphone, now assured that the crowd was with her, her eyes were no longer on the cheering mass. She scanned the dignitaries on the platform for the one person she wanted to see. She walked over to her husband, kissed him on the cheek, and then took his arm before they were accompanied from the platform by the briskly efficient usher. The President's press secretary shuddered, for she knew only too well that the battle in the House over the next two years was likely to be every bit as vicious and hard-fought as the Civil War Lincoln had faced. So many people still regarded the possession of arms as their inalienable birthright. She only prayed that it all would not end the same way, as a House Divided. H. Stuart Knight hated things that didn't run on schedule, and today nothing had been on time. Everybody was going to be at least thirty minutes late for the lunch. Lorelei King is a good narrator, but since this book is 90% male voices, perhaps a male reader would have come across better. This is not in any way to cast doubt on Lorelei King, as I think she had a good range of voices, even for all the men. The First Gentleman looked on, smiling occasionally to himself as he recognized some of the words and phrases he had contributed to his wife's speech.

I'll be working on my papers until eleven," she told him. He nodded and left to prepare himself for the day ahead. The two ex-Presidents came through the tunnel smiling. For the first time the older President was looking his age, his hair seemed to have turned grey overnight. Once again, he and Florentyna went through the formality of shaking hands with one another; they were to do it seven times that day. The chief usher guided them through a small reception room on to the platform. For this, as for all Presidential inaugurations, a temporary platform had been erected on the east steps of the Capitol. The crowds rose and cheered for over a minute as the President and the ex-Presidents waved; finally they sat in silence and waited for the ceremony to begin. She left the bedroom and went straight to the private dining-room where her husband Edward was chatting to her children William and Annabel. Florentyna kissed all three of them before they sat down to breakfast.The newly sworn in, first female American, President has made a promise to the American people that her first priority as the president will be to overhaul the nations guns laws. Archer wrote two versions of this book.In the first one,Ted Kennedy was the fictional president against whom an assassination plot was being hatched.

I’ll be working on my papers until eleven,’ she told him. He nodded and left to prepare himself for the day ahead. Always start with the biggest problem is what Lincoln advised, so let's go over the draft legislation for the Gun Control bill." Es war unglaublich spannend und ich konnte es kaum weglegen. Hier hat, in meinen Augen, alles gestimmt. Ich habe die Kanes, die in diesem Roman nur Nebenfiguren sind, keineswegs vermisst, da Archer anderen tollen Charakteren die Bühne überlassen hat. I wish it would rain,’ confided H. Stuart Knight, the head of the Secret Service, to his aide; it was also one of the most important days of his life. ‘I know the vast majority of people are harmless, but these occasions give me the jitters.’ Shall We Tell the President? is a 1977 novel by English author Jeffrey Archer. A revised edition was published in 1986.

Check-In

The first book in this series, Kane & Abel was originally released in 1980, the last by 1982. At minimum, read Kane & Abel, it is super – an extremely popular 1980s book, made into a mini-series in 1985. Marc Andrews is on his own to find out who wants the president dead. Time is running out as he tries to eliminate the suspects.The suspense builds as the danger closes in on him. Andrews is injured in an attempt to shield Harrison from gunfire, but survives while Harrison perishes. President Kane personally congratulates him for his act of bravery, knowing nothing of the plot or of Harrison's involvement. Andrews rebuilds his intermittently frosty relationship with Elizabeth and accepts Tyson's offer of a new job. Good. Why don’t you run my day as usual? Don’t worry about me, I’ll just follow your instructions. What do you want me to do first?’ They had both stopped their match when the helicopters had circled overhead. When one of them had landed a Marines captain had jumped out and run toward her, saluted and said, "Madam President, the President is dead." Now the American people had confirmed that they were willing to continue living with a woman in the White House. For the first time in its history, the United States had elected a woman to the most coveted position in its political life in her own right. She glanced out of the bedroom window at the broad placid expanse of the Potomac River, glinting in the early-morning sunlight.

They approached the Capitol and Edward interrupted the President's reverie. "May God be with you, darling." She smiled and gripped his hand. The six cars came to a stop. Later,Archer wrote the second version.In this one,Florentyna Kane becomes the first female president of the US and now she is the target of the assassins. The "last presidential assassination of John F. Kennedy" was read as though this was not his first assassination. Janet Brown passed her a sheaf of three-by-five index cards, stapled together, as she had done for fifteen years since she joined her staff when Florentyna had first been elected to Congress. They summarized the President's hour-by-hour schedule; there was rather less on them than usual. Florentyna glanced over the cards, and thanked her Chief of Staff. Edward Winchester appeared at the door. He smiled as he always did, with a mixture of love and admiration, when she turned toward him. She had never once regretted her almost impulsive decision to marry him after the eighteenth hole on that extraordinary day she was told of President Parkin's death, and she felt for certain that Richard would have approved.After years of great sacrifice and deep personal tragedy, Florentyna Kane’s has finally become the first woman president in America. But on the very day that she is sworn into office, powerful forces are already in motion to take her life. Gun related violence continues unabated in the US and gun control laws are not likely to see the light of day,despite all the massacres that have taken place. At the end of The Prodigal Daughter, Florentyna Kane is elected President – the first woman President of the United States. After decades of struggle, sacrifice, and personal tragedy, she has finally attained her goal. Yet even as she gives her inaugural speech, those who oppose her are plotting to silence her forever. For a lot of people this is long overdue but there are a few powerful and wealthy people whose empires will crumble should this happen. Having tried everything they can think of legally, and failed, these powerful people have turned to the final solution, the President has to be taken care of, permanently. When the three-hour-long parade was finally over and the last float had disappeared down the avenue, Janet Brown, Florentyna Kane's Chief of Staff, leaned over and asked the President what she would like to do between now and the first Inaugural Ball.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment