276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Brighton Mermaid: The gripping thriller from the bestselling author of The Ice Cream Girls

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In truth there was just one character whose behaviour I found a little at odds with their true nature and retained some scepticism about. Dorothy’s first novel, The Cupid Effect, was published in 2003 (when she was quite a bit older than 13). Actually, just after I read The Brighton Mermaid, I watched a brilliant bookish Zoom event where author Dorothy Koomson was one of the speakers and she termed her books in a brilliant way: Emotional Thrillers.

Someone seems to be watching her every move, and soon she starts to wonder who in her life she can actually trust…. O racismo e os problemas sociais continuam a ser retratados com mestria, mas Koomson elevou-os para outro patamar, podendo assim abarcar muitos mais leitores. I’ll straight up tell you that I was utterly thrilled to be granted an ARC of this book because Dorothy Koomson has long been one of my favourite authors; her storytelling skills are off the scale! Um ponto de vista totalmente diferente e que consegue chamar a atenção para os pequenos detalhes que nos podem ajudar a resolver o crime. Dorothy Koomson is the award-winning author of 14 novels including more than 12 Sunday Times bestsellers.as soon as I arrived,Leila was there waiting for me,she was very gentle and patient,she made me feel relaxed and I really enjoyed our chat. years later, as the Brighton Mermaid anniversary is approaching, Nell quits her long term job, after being backed up into a nasty corner by a certain stalker, to find out who murdered the Brighton Mermaid, and also to discover what happened to her best friend Jude. Hello, my name's Dorothy Koomson and I'll try to make this bit that's all about me as interesting as possible.

There are a lot of subplots in the book, too, including racial tensions between Nell and Macy's family, and the Police. Como é que um homem decente, adulto, com filhas, que já receava por Jude por não gostar da forma como o padrasto olhava para ela e outras jovens, ajuda uma miúda de 14 anos a fugir de casa? I usually quite enjoy Dorothy Koomson books but I found this one was very slow to get going and honestly a bit boring at times.Um livro imperdível da Dorothy Koomson, a minha opinião em vídeo em livros à Lareira com chá; https://youtu.

Despite having the most wonderful mermaid tattoo, the girl is never identified and her killer is never caught. Legally and mostly illegally their family are pursued by the police for years, with one officer holding a very strong grudge that turns him into a full-blown stalker. Half-way through however it seems to become a little convoluted, focusing on many different details of the family’s life and losing sight of the crime waiting to be solved. Even knowing where they were both coming from and sympathising with them, I found both the sisters incredibly hard to connect to.Nalguns pontos fico a pensar, tentar colocar-me no lugar dos personagens, pensar que eram o início dos anos 1990 quando tudo ocorreu e, pronto, talvez consiga perceber, mas… Não me agrada.

When Nell and Jude find a body on the beach after sneaking out of their houses to go to a party, neither one could imagine the far-reaching consequences it’ll have on them and their families’ lives. Nell knows it is connected and has taken a year off work to find out who the killer is and whatever happened to Jude as she has never been able to move on. Shortly after Jude disappears and Nell’s life is turned upside down by the police who are trying to pin Jude’s disappearance and the death of the mermaids on him.

Recent developments which are initially hidden from the reader and the upcoming 25th anniversary of the discovery have accelerated her investigation. Twenty-five-years later, a forty-year-old Nell has left her job with one ambition in sight; a dedicated year long pursuit to find the identity of the Brighton Mermaid whose body she discovered and an answer to the mystery of Jude’s disappearance. This exciting tourist Trail is based upon the local legend of The Black Rock Mermaid who was reported in an 18 th Century Chapbook to have appeared to a local sailor and whose moonlight home is at the foot of Perch Rock Lighthouse, the original Black Rock.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment