276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Partner Track, The

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I stumbled across "The Partner Track" in the new fiction rack at the public library. I had worked on a few small projects with him, but they hadn't been any of his really high-profile deals.

As an Asian-American, I have never been a fan of affirmative action, preferring to get a job based on merit rather than the color of my skin (these things have a way of backfiring on all involved) so it’s always refreshing to read a book about an Asian woman doing well and getting close to the brass ring. Instead of choosing her, Marty Adler opted for Jeff Murphy, but what was even more shocking was why Ingrid was snubbed. Susan Cain, New York Times bestselling author of “QUIET: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking”“A wholly engrossing behind-the-scenes look at real life behind the pomp, power and prestige of a high-powered law firm that wants to still play by a 1950s rule book. Cho is joined by Bradley Gibson and Alexandra Turshen as Ingrid’s BFFs/co-workers Tyler Robinson and Rachel Friedman.I'd taken one look and assumed he'd be too entitled for my taste, the worst kind of irritating, backslapping, how-the-hell-are-you frat boy. We're also going to cross all of our fingers and toes for an imminent announcement of season two, as we'd love to see where Ingrid ends up in her high-powered girl boss career. I checked my mascara and lip gloss and carefully retied the silk sash at the waist of my Audrey Hepburn–style sheath.

It's the perfect combination of legal drama and rom-com, and ideal for pairing with a face mask, glass of fizz, and comfy PJs. This meant that Microsoft might be springing for your breakfast bagel, while Time Warner picked up your turkey club at lunch. If you love shows like Emily in Paris and Younger and have been rewatching The Devil Wears Prada since the mid-aughts, you will definitely fall head over heels for the legal romantic drama. It also stated that the show was relatively cheap compared to other shows, but viewership was still not enough to warrant a second season.As she fights to make junior partner, she must figure out how to balance romance, friends and family expectations while staying true to her moral compass. As Ingrid contends with all of these things simultaneously, she’s forced to evaluate where she stands. Partner Track Trailer: Teen Wolf Alum Arden Cho Lawyers Up in Netflix Series — Plus, Find Out When It Will Premiere". The senior partner demanded that she be on the revitalized Diversity Committee, for damage control, after a racist parody was performed by some associates at a firm outing.

That was hilarious because it's true- at some point the law firm will make you question your sanity (and skills and intellect and choices). Nine years ago, during his final year of law school, he'd had the good fortune to knock up the daughter of a longtime Parsons Valentine client. We knew they'd never actually make him a partner—the firm was too worried about malpractice for that—but he was assured a cushy job as a senior associate or Of Counsel for as long as his father-in-law's bank kept paying its bills. However, at a reception hosted by Nick, Ingrid encounters Dan's DOE contact and realizes he is drunkenly speaking to a Financial Times journalist working on a story about the rumored acquisition. The Partner Track romances us with power, all the while revealing the betrayal, bigotry and illusion congealed inside of it.

But despite the melodrama, I kept having visceral reactions - reading about this specific brand of law firm hell even in a fictionalized, dramatic form literally made my heart pound. Scenes like the cringeworthy retreat sequence (in which a racially charged stand-up set goes horribly wrong) had to be updated from their place in the book. While working on this deal, Ingrid also witnesses an offensive performance by other lawyers at an internal firm event and is voluntold to participate in the firm’s diversity initiatives, in a clear move of damage control by PV. Nolan Gerard Funk plays Ingrid’s smarmy rival Dan Fallon, and Matthew Rauch is Ingrid’s no-nonsense boss Marty Adler. All promotional material including but not limited to trailers, images and videos are all copyright to their respective owners.

Scrambling to do damage control, Parsons Valentine announces a new “Diversity Initiative” and commands a reluctant Ingrid to spearhead the effort, taking her priority away from the enormous deal that was to be the final step in securing partnership.The idea of white shoe lawyer league softball is also really fun but probably results in fisticuffs. The show debuted just ahead of Cowboy Bebop but notably behind the likes of Archive 81, Heartstopper, and In From The Cold. If you’re eager to know to answer to that burning question read on, but know potential spoilers await!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment