276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hi-Gear Deluxe Single Air Bed with Built-in Foot Pump and Raised Pillow, Single Air Mattress, Single Inflatable Bed, Ideal for Camping and Festivals, Camping Equipment, Grey, One Size

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The raised sides, to stop you rolling out at night, are quite thin compared to other air beds I tried, but this does give you more surface area to sleep on – something my 6ft partner Daniel, who also tested the bed, appreciated. My tester friend Tina also pointed out that she liked the feel of ‘wave beam’ structure on the top, as it made her feel secure.

The Touchxel seemed a little noisier than the average air bed I tested, but this may be down to the fact that at the time of inflation it was late and I was tired. It’s constructed with 42 air coils for comfort, but I found the grooves on the top layer a little less inviting than some of the more streamlined designs. These grooves do provide grip, however, and kept me securely in place during the night. Heavy-duty materials and reinforcements can not only help prevent damage, but it can help the product to last longer as well. A great warranty that covers punctures will also go a long way. Of course, for the health of the sleeper and the animal, choose non-toxic materials. The average air bed can easily last up to 15 years. Often, if you opt for an air bed that has a built-in pump, the pump will fail before the bed will. How to choose the best air bed for you Finding the perfect air mattress can feel complicated — especially when many online options look the same. Here are a few key features to keep in mind as you shop for your next air bed to help simplify the process:If you find it hard to get in and out of bed, look for a high raised air bed design. The self-inflating air beds we tried go up to 48cm in height at the pillow end, compared to thinner camping-focused designs that can be just 16cm in height. Do air beds feel cold to sleep on? According to Lauren Fountain from the Sleep Foundation, to fix the leak, you’ll need to locate the hole and then clean the area. She goes on to say you then need to “use an adhesive and some plastic or vinyl patches to cover the leak” and “after letting the patch set for several hours, you can test the patch to ensure the mattress is no longer leaking”. A topper is a great way to change up the feel of your mattress without completely starting over with a new bed. These products typically add a few inches of pressure-relieving comfort to the top, but sinking into softness can reduce the amount of exposure your body has to circulating air and can often retain heat.

Air chambers: Air beds with vertical air chambers are more comfortable because they work to distribute the weight. It’s worth noting that while air chambers that run side to side look more comfortable, they can sag when you lie down. The top surface can be a soft, non-slip material, for example, brushed cotton. Some contain additional comfort materials such as a layer of memory foam. Sometimes the inside of the mattress is divided into chambers - either vertically or horizontally arranged - to ensure better support.’ I may not have my priorities right, but the first thing I wanted to do when inflating the Intex was to give it a stroke. Its top layer of wonderfully smooth fabric feels good to touch. Team that with the vertical lines spanning the bed’s length, and the Intex looks and feels very enticing to sleep on. The bed is definitely big enough for two adults and can comfortably support up to 272 Kg. The distinct antimicrobial treatment was a nice finishing touch to ensure a healthy, hygienic sleeping experience every time. What accessories are included? The Good Housekeeping Institute Textiles Lab evaluates all sorts of mattresses and begins the process by researching offerings from top brands, analyzing materials and specifications, evaluating specific features and taking note of any brand claims. This past year, we put seven new air mattress contenders through a series of rigorous Lab tests and consumer tests to find the best of the best, using standardized testing methods and other industry standards. In all, we've analyzed over 400 data points over the years from more than a dozen inflatable beds to determine the best air mattresses available.

Pros

You love your animals and your sleep and shouldn’t have to sacrifice either to get through a night. If you are in the market for an air mattress, there are qualities to look for to ensure that you or your visitors do not wake up in the middle of the night in a slowly-deflating puddle of materials. For example, air beds that are not easy to puncture can help protect your sleep space from the curious claws and playful nips.

id":"827702749302400","name":"men's avenue padded slippers","price":5.99,"brand":"avenue","dimension5":"unavailable","unitPrice":"per pair","productOnline":false,"multiDrop":false,"list":"pdpcarousel","position":1} Lastly, there is the King size. If you’ve got the extra room and don’t mind paying more than what the Queen size will cost, the King is a great option. If you’re using it for visitors, they will definitely be happy for the extra sleep space you gave them!Thanks to the built in pump, all it takes is a little under 3 minutes to get the Aerobed luxury airbed fully inflated. The control panel consists of a dial that allows you to inflate, deflate, and even adjust the air levels to get the softness/firmness just how you like it. The main difference between an air mattress and an air bed is that the former is designed to be used indoors, while the latter is for outdoor use. What is the lifespan of an air bed?

Height: A taller air mattress that's at least 18 inches high is typically more comfortable, but a lower profile one is easier to roll up and carry. It comes down to personal preference and whether you're using it at home or on the go. I chose a range of double, king and queen air beds from the likes of Argos, Decathlon, Dreams and Active Era that have built-in pumps and can be manually pumped up too. I rated each air bed on its design, warmth, comfort, portability and assembly. I took into consideration pillow and edge support, how easy it was to get in and off the bed and whether it came with extras such as a puncture patch or storage bag. Some air beds come with a patch kit, which typically includes an adhesive, applicator and patches that match your air bed material. However if you don’t have this kit to hand, you can either buy one (taking into consideration the colour and material of your mattress) or fashion something yourself. Substitutes for a patch include some kind of thin, plastic material, such as part of a shower curtain liner – and you’ll want to use a strong glue as your adhesive, so your DIY work dries tight. Now for everyone’s favourite part –the mattress and sleeping surface. The Aerobed Luxury Collection Raised Air Bed went all out with the mattress. But that was expected considering how much I had to cough up for the damn thing. id":"825161764016701","name":"men's short sleeve thermal top","price":5.99,"brand":"avenue","dimension5":"unavailable","unitPrice":"each","productOnline":false,"multiDrop":false,"list":"pdpcarousel","position":2}

Thankfully, many companies are one step ahead and have designed toppers that consider the additional heat they’re delivering with their toppers and have included features like gels and more breathable textiles to offset these issues.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment