276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evan Williams Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nevertheless, it remains a respectable whiskey that strikes a balance between affordability and quality. Wild Turkey is another solid bourbon in the budget category. While the standard bottling is fine, it’s Wild Turkey 101 that really shines. At 101 proof, it’s comparable to Evan Williams 100 proof BiB. Head to head, I have to go with WT101 over Evan Williams 100 proof, but not by much. Both are good bottles for a bargain, and you can’t go wrong with either one.

Round 2 is a draw. Both of these brands are owned by a world-recognized company with centuries’ worth of distilling expertise. Round 3: MashbillsHeaven Hill’s Evan Williams brand has been budget-priced and widely distributed for several years, but that hasn’t undercut the substantial quality of what the distillery is crafting out of their Louisville campus. Their standard Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon is a textbook example of an excellent single barrel bourbon at a great price.

Finish: Some of the graininess subside on the finish leaving behind more Payday candy bar notes. I can even taste some chocolate after a brief pause. The chocolate helps highlight some oak on the finish too. The finish is uncomplicated and just sweet enough to remember the last sip as an enjoyable affair. Score: 5.5/10 The distillery was established in 1910 in Lawrenceburg, KY, and is part of the National Register of Historic Places. In this personal blog, I share my knowledge and insights on Whisky, Whiskey & Bourbon and other spirits, drawing from my 30 years of extensive experience. It is a unique bourbon because it is pulled out from less than two hundred barrels and is well-aged for bold character and special tasting notes.

The 7 year is a nice, spicy bourbon that stands out among the crowd of young, sweet bourbons that are currently dominating the shelves. The 7 years is bottled in a bond which means it meets all of the legal requirements to be considered a bonded bourbon. During this time frame, Heaven Hill was proud to release ultra-premium ultra-aged products like this one. It was only until the mid-90’s that Heaven Hill started producing younger bourbons for survival purposes. Evan Williams Bourbon is made from a mash bill of 10% malted barley, 12% rye, and 78% corn. It is known for using local ingredients that they machinery milled and distilled. The standard Evan Williams has 43% ABV, 86 proof. Evan Williams presents a sweet nose, with gentle notes of honey, caramel, vanilla, and a subtle undertone of ethanol. Many whiskey enthusiasts, including this bourbon reviewer, have long had a soft spot for Evan Williams. It just seems to go down so damn smooth without being too light or over-the-top sweet. Traditionally, Evan Williams has only come in a singular variety that was bottled at 80 proof, but that all changes with introducing their new 7-year-old Single Barrel Bourbon. The appearance of the bottle itself also is quite unusual. The bottle’s label includes a vintage year — a reference indicating the year the bourbon was put into oak barrels to age — that makes Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon unique and interesting.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment