276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Found You: A psychological thriller from the bestselling author of The Family Upstairs

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When an opportunity to move into her brother’s beautiful home presents itself to her, Joey and her new husband jump at the chance—this could be the fresh start Joey needs. Their annual trip to the quaint seaside town is passing by uneventfully, until an enigmatic young man starts paying extra attention to Kirsty. Jewell’s masterful plotting and effortless toggling between points of view turn readers into voyeurs in this deliciously dark and sinister story of secrets and murder.

Many may not have done what Alice did by offering him a warm room and a meal, preferring to contact the police or somewhere else, but this is exactly what she did. As I reflected on my year in books while writing this blog post, it felt nearly impossible to narrow down my picks. Meg is the practical one, Beth is the dreamy one, one of the twins is the mischief-maker, while the other half being the thoughtful one. Do you agree that there is a point in a child’s life when it is too late to heal the effects of trauma, or to rehabilitate selfish and destructive behavior? Her characters are believable, her writing is strong and poetic, and her narrative is infused with just enough intrigue to keep the pages turning.First of all, I find it so incredibly hard to believe that Alice, a mother, would bring a strange man into her home and put her children at risk.

Although she has no recollection of the events before her ninth birthday, something mysterious happens while attending a hypnotist show with her first date in a long time. I guess I'll never know for sure, but if you are a reader who would like to branch out into something a little darker without losing a literary feel, I would highly recommend picking up Lisa Jewell's I Found You.On a beautiful summer night in a charming English suburb, a young woman and her boyfriend disappear after partying at the massive country estate of a new college friend. Lisa Jewell is fairly new to me , though I have heard a lot about her , this is the first book that I have read written by her and I was quite disappointed because I guess I was expecting too much from this book , but I guess I will give Lisa Jewell another chance ! When a body is discovered in the remote depths of the Highlands, DCI Karen Pirie finds herself in the right place at the right time. When her doting husband doesn’t come home one day after work she panics and realises how alone she truly is.

BLOOD SISTERS is a gripping mystery about a Cherokee archeologist for the Bureau of Indian Affairs who is summoned to rural Oklahoma to investigate the disappearance of two women…one of them her sister. Feeling lonely, she desperately launches a quest to connect with him; learning shocking secrets in the process that makes her mysteriously vanish. But true to form for Lisa Jewell, this picturesque backdrop is soon revealed to harbor dark and sinister secrets, and it quickly becomes clear that the reverberations of traumatic events that occurred in this idyllic little town can be felt in the present for this book’s characters.In response to Alice offering a lost stranger a jacket, her friend Derry tells her not to get involved. I intentionally read a couple of Christmas mysteries during the Christmas season… and I absolutely loved it. She has only been back 10 days from her honeymoon- in Ukraine- and is now living in a new flat in London with her husband Carl.

Jewell’s forte is the good old-fashioned novel of psychological suspense, the kind that keeps you reading deep into the night. The kind where you find yourself holding your breath, butterflies in my stomach, and hoping answers will be found, someone held accountable. Repeatedly throughout the novel, various characters question whether Alice’s generosity is advisable, or if she is unwisely endangering her family.Thank you to Random House UK, Cornerstone Arrow for providing a digital ARC of I Found You by Lisa Jewell for review. I was fully invested in this novel and these characters, whether I loved or hated them, they all felt quite believable. Bloody, meta, occasionally self-deprecating, and always wickedly entertaining, CURSE OF THE REAPER draws inspiration from the world of slasher films to tell a delightfully devious tale of an actor, the silver screen villain to which he devoted his entire career, and the grip that villain might just have on him in the real world. I Found You’ is a tense psychological thriller, very cleverly plotted, beginning with a somewhat lighter tone that slowly develops into something truly dark and sinister.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment