276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Angelika Frankenstein Makes Her Match: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The reader misses out on anticipation, tension, chemistry, and the actual organic growth of deep feelings. She’s built the perfect lover, but dear reader please remember, you can never judge a man by his cadaver…. It's hard to explain but him being hot and cold was fine, I just thought there were some inconsistencies mixed in, too.

I had high hopes for this book, though I knew going in that it was a quirky concept that may not hit the mark for me. The story is fun (but not for the squeamish), the romance kept me guessing, and the writing is wittty and stylish. I'm all for flawed characters if they experience natural growth and improvement by the end-however their flaws made them pretty unlikeable for much of the book. Don't get me wrong, Angelika came a LONG way, but I still never felt what I should have for her character. Like the Frankenstein's aren't adorable nerds, they're a couple of megalomaniacs with delusions of grandeur and no thought for anything but their own supposed mental superiority and how famous they're gonna be once they reanimate a dead person they've sewn together.

Its impossible to get away from the horrifying implications of literally playing god with a human life, its just too massive and terrible of a concept to then insert a romantic, cutsey story of an obnoxious rich girl who wants to build her own husband. Of course, it’s also really well-written, there’s some wonderful moments of sexiness, banter and pathos, and I felt Sally Thorne adapted her voice super successfully to an irreverent histrom style. the entire first chapter is Angelika going into a morgue, making fun of a dead body for being inadequate and then sewing a bigger, better dick on him. I've reread it a million times, and when I started this book, I felt echoes of Tom Valeska and Darcy Barrett in Will and Angelika (crazy devotion and longing, insane sexual tension, etc. I mean, yes, there’s a long cultural tradition of people making other people, for sex or science, or anything else, but … like.

Jelly is the lonely, horny, enterprising heroine of my heart, Will is the most adorable love interest to ever grace a book, and then there's the plot, which is deliciously bonkers and utterly unique! But when a second suitor emerges to aid their quest, Angelika wonders if she was too hasty inventing a solution. Angelika and her brother Victor gave me a bad first impression in chapter one which they never really fully overcame. However, she is heartbroken to find that, while he does feel immense attraction and emotional connection towards her, he can't go forward with their relationship until he finds out who he is, and makes sure he doesn't have a family somewhere grieving for him.

Will is certainly a devoted romance hero (to the extent he’s telling a woman he’s in awe of everything she is a day or two after she’s non-consensually regrafted his penis) so he might hit the spot for people who particularly enjoy those kind of dynamics between protagonists.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment