276°
Posted 20 hours ago

FollowMe Tandem - Parent-Child Bicycle Coupling

£205.03£410.06Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thankfully Chris was on hand to demonstrate how to hook the child’s bike to the FollowMe, which wasn’t as complicated as the instructions made out. The FollowMe “starter set” comes with everything you need to fit your “average bikes” as described above. There are five major steps in the assembly process: (1) Replace adult bike axle with FollowMe axle attachment, (2) Add the spindle extensions to the child bike’s front axle, (3) Adjust the FollowMe clamping plate to the wheel size of the child’s bike, and (4) Attach clamp to child’s down tube.

As you'll see below, I didn't want to deal with the distributor (Clever Cycles) to get a replacement. I balance this by putting my panniers on my Old Man Mountain Sherpa front rack, which accommodates my disc brakes.And they are much safer because I have full control over where my son can go when driving in road traffic. Attach your child's bike to yours in areas of traffic or when they become tired, then quickly disconnect again when you want to ride solo. There is no single-pivot as with conventional seatpost connecting devices, so the child's bike properly tracks the rear wheel of the adult's bike. So, I usually put the pannier on the front rack even when I don't have my son in his rear-rack seat. I noticed once how it got loose (luckily early enough before an accident could happen) and it certainly scared the hell out of me.

It didn't solve my problem of derailleur interference on my specific mech given the entry point of the shifter cable.The FollowMe Tandem allows you to adapt to different situations to ensure a great family cycling experience. With the FollowMe cycle hitch it is solid as a rock, tracking the corner tightly and with no unusual movements. Please bear in mind you will likely have to pay your country's taxes, import duties and associated courier handling fees for any items.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment