276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brooks Men's Adrenaline Gts 19 Running Shoes

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Expect around 350-400 miles out of the Adrenaline. There’s plenty of rubber on the outsole, and the midsole material doesn’t lose its cushioning for a long time. The insole will compact over time, nothing outside the wear and tear process.

Bottom line, give these shoes a chance. Don’t immediately write them off. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and they remain to be my Go to shoe. The shoe fits well and is true to your size, although some runners say the Adrenaline GTS 19 could run half a size smaller than expected. We don’t know if the GTS 20 is going to switch to Ortholite, but we prefer the existing insole. The molded foam goes well with the midsole material to make the ride smooth. The Ortholite is soft to step on, but it feels like a separate layer of softness over the midsole.

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 Upper Info

It took at least 30 miles before I was familiar with how it handled. I experienced tightness in my obliques for probably the first time ever and it was not particularly fun. Millions of pairs of ‘stability’ running shoes have sold based on the premise that ‘over-pronators’ need such products. A new industry was created around gait analysis, medial-posts, and what have you. Most people believed in this pseudo-science (a lot still do); even brands knew no better. Consider coming into a store and doing a video gait analysis. Gait analysis monitors your body’s movement and your feet (sports biomechanics) whilst running. It’s commonly used to help athletes run more efficiently and to identify movement related problems for people with injuries who are seeking new running shoes. At the same time, if you like the feel of a medial post under the foot, look past the Adrenaline in favor of medially posted shoes like the Saucony Guide ISO 2 or New Balance 860V9.

But like anything in life, it makes more sense to ease in a brand-new concept gradually instead of making an abrupt change. That is also the reason why Brooks chose to name the Transcend so instead of Trance – the shoe it was meant to replace. If anything, the GTS 19’s upper is softer and loses some bling over the 18. There’re no glossy trims over the toe-box and the lacing eyestay. The tongue uses a softer synthetic suede flap which feels softer on the foot. The engineered fit case on the heel cup has a padded ankle area as well as a rubber heel protection. These innovations allow you to feel comfortable in every stride while feeling secure in your ankle and Achilles tendon. Midsole of the Adrenaline GTS 19The outsole has plenty of grip and performed well in bad weather. The material is remarkably durable and there was minimal wear after putting over 100 miles in them. I can see these shoes easily going beyond 500 miles. I have never run in either a Glycerin or Transcend in all my years of running. So, I put them on for the first time expecting to have it feel similar to the Adrenaline.

These pieces of foam are glued (they will be co-molded on the GTS 20) to the midsole edge, thus raising the sidewalls for a cupping effect. While we’re highly skeptical of how these small pieces of foam can result in gait correction of any kind, they do provide an enhanced sense of under-arch support.I attempted to test a 10 in Brooks because that used to be my size—but no,” said a tester who ran in the Ghost the previous testing cycle. “It’s a bit too snug, and so a 10.5 would’ve been better. I haven’t run into this problem with other shoes recently, just Brooks, so I'm not sure what they’ve done to their sizing, but that is my main complaint.” Our collection of so-called knowledge is a tangled mess of quantifiable facts, half-truths, and conventional wisdom of a make-believe kind. They provided one of the smoothest foot strike to toe offs transitions I have experienced. This lends itself perfectly to easy runs and longer distances. It’s not that the stability shoes were (initially) created to generate additional business. The origin of the medial post had a completely different intent, a story which is covered in detail here. The look is a bit bulky, especially if you are used to more minimalistic models. At first, you may even feel like you are running in your Crocs due to extreme comfort.

Its engineered mesh is spot on. The soft mesh of the engineered vamp provided the shoe with a nice roomy toe-box that is very breathable and feels good. The 2014 Brooks Transcend was one of the first support shoes not to to have a medial-post, a formula which has since been copied by other brands. They are a pricey shoe – but well worth the money, as I was sat on the couch getting unfit with knee pain before I took the plunge and bought them! However, as I was out of options, I thought I would try these new GTS 19 shoes with the new ‘rail’ support system.

INTRODUCTION

This technology helps the runners only when necessary—one is to run in a flat treadmill, and another is to go on the road with uneven terrain and obstacles.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment