276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Schott's Original Miscellany

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Schott publishes a bespoke Miscellany Diary with the society printers Smythson of Bond Street, and a desk-pad diary with Workman.

Schott’s Miscellany (32.45) — The Billions Companion Schott’s Miscellany (32.45) — The Billions Companion

For two years after the publication of the first Miscellany, Schott wrote a weekly miscellany column for The Daily Telegraph, and also produced special miscellany features on Christmas and the Olympics. For over a year he wrote a regular travel miscellany column for the UK edition of Condé Nast Traveler magazine. In 2005 and 2006 the Guardian featured special editions of G2 featuring extracts from Schott's Almanac. As a photographerBen worked with The Independent, The Times, The Sunday Times, Reader’s Digest, and Sunday Business, amongst many others, and has photographed a wealth of celebrities from Hugh Grant and Tony Blair, to Gordon Brown and Enoch Powell.Jeffries, Stuart (6 November 2002). "The bare facts". The Guardian. London . Retrieved 20 April 2010. Unusually, Ben designs and typesets virtually all of his work –as well offering design and narrative consultancyto a range of clients.

Schott MISCELLANIES | Ben Schott

Ben was born in London in 1974. He was educated at University College School, Hampstead, and Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge where he read Social & Political Sciences. He graduated in 1996, taking a double First.He is married to the award-winning travel editor, Pavia Rosati; lives and works in London; and finds writing in the third-person awkward. On the advice of another friend (Elinor), I sent one of these books to Nigel Newton, the head of Bloomsbury Publishing (the Harry Potter people). Nigel loved it, a contract was signed, and the book was in the shops just in time for Christmas 2002. After Cambridge, Schott got a job at the London advertising agency J. Walter Thompson where he was an account manager on the Nestlé Rowntree account working on Smarties, Kit Kat and Polo. After only four months he resigned to become a freelance photographer. On my way to pitch this Christmas card idea to a large advertising agency (WPP), I was waylaid by an old friend (Martin) who persuaded me to turn the card into a book. Grylls, David (24 October 2020). "Jeeves and the Leap of Faith by Ben Schott, review – a 'new' Wodehouse". The Times.

Ben Schott - Wikipedia

McCrum, Robert (8 December 2002). "God bless you, Mr. Schott". The Guardian. London . Retrieved 20 April 2010. A crazy and brilliant rabble, with encyclopaedic andmaniacal precision . . . vital and insignificant.”Somehow Mr Schott turns a collection of trivia intoa window on the world that is hilarious, puzzling, and inspiring.”

Schott ABOUT | Ben Schott

Ben Schott was born in North London, England, the son of a neurologist and a nurse. He has one brother, also now a neurologist. He went to school at University College School, Hampstead. Originality is like charisma. It’s hard to define, but we know it when we findit… Schott’s Original Miscellany is without doubt the oddest, and possiblythemerriest, title you will come across in a long day’s march through theshimmering desert of contemporary publishing.”Schott’s Original Miscellanybegan life as a Christmas card. While working as a freelance photographer, I sent my clients an annual festive card . . . to remind them that I was alive. Haldenby, Andrew (2002). "Ben gave up a pension – but his trivial pursuit has become a serious success". The Daily Telegraph. London. Archived from the original on 31 December 2003 . Retrieved 20 April 2010. The four books in the Miscellanytrilogy have been translated into 21 languages (including Braille), and have sold over 2.5 million copies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment