276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector

£121.315£242.63Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The coil fits on the stem with a wingnut that screws on by hand. Be aware of the washers here– they have three small points that need pushing into the matching holes. If you don’t do this the coil has no grip and flops about. After we completed testing, a clear winner emerged: the Garrett – Ace 250, which received perfect scores in four of our five tests.

Garrett Ace 250 – The Ace story – Discover Metal Detecting The Garrett Ace 250 – The Ace story – Discover Metal Detecting

Obviously, your choice will depend on how seriously you are taking metal detecting and your available budget. The more expensive metal detectors have more features to enable you to find more things, but they may be too costly for someone who is not sure how much they will use the machine. Power level, trash eliminator, and sensitivity meter features work very well together on the Gold Digger, and it was the only one to come with headphones. I had lots of fun with the Garret ACE 250. On my first outing, I found plenty of trash on the playing field along with a few coins and an old lighter. In the woods, I found a horseshoe. On reflection, I think ground balancing isn’t necessary for a kids metal detector or for a beginner either. It’s a nice feature that helps conquer difficult soil conditions, but it’s fiddly and distracting when you just want to spend some relaxing time scanning for Roman treasure troves.

The XP Deus II – The French flagship!

The control box is powered by 4 x AA batteries and has plenty of technology, but not so much that it’s confusing for beginners. Operating at a frequency of 8.25 kHz, ideal for detecting small objects, this unit has been specifically designed for use in European conditions. Whereas some other metal detectors are designed with US terrain in mind, the EuroACE’s set up is better adapted to easy use in the UK. It can be used straight out the box (as long as you have a 9 V battery ready to go – the battery doesn’t come included), and by using intuition alone you’ll be able to work out how to locate metal like iron. If you want to search for more valuable objects, it takes a bit of getting used to, but the manual is clear and well structured, making the HOOMYA metal detector easy to understand. Also included on the LED screen are a depth indicator and a battery life indicator along with a set of icons that show what the target most likely is before starting to dig.

Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector Review - Depth, Manual And

The New Home Innovations – Starter Kit metal detector was a bit low on the overall score for our tests, but the cheap price tag on this unit somewhat offsets that. If you are looking for a budget metal detector outside of the Bounty Hunter name brand, this one will treat you well. There were no glaring defects on this metal detector; on the other hand, there were no amazing qualities about it either. Finally, the coil connector pushes into the control box plug that has a screw cover to keep it in place and dirt out. Be sure to wind the cable up the length of the stem so it’s not hanging. Whilst these are the most important features for beginners, you may want to consider metal detectors that offer some intermediate settings , so that you can experiment with them as you grow in the hobby.

Second Hand Metal Detectors – The Pros & Cons

My son was testing a Garrett ACE 150 and when we got closer than 5-6 metres our detectors started screaming at one another like two grumpy cats. As if that weren’t enough, the Garrett ACE 250 is built to be as user-friendly as possible. With its simplistic control box, easy-to-read LCD screen, and foolproof settings, the detector is a cinch for anyone to use. I used this by pressing the discrimination button and using the + and – arrows to adjust it. When I found a piece of drink can I pressed the elimination button to eliminate that metal.

Garret Metal Detectors| Crawfords MD Garret Metal Detectors| Crawfords MD

The ACE 250 weighs 1.2 kg and is so well balanced it can be used for hours. Its weight is mostly in the control box at its handle, and the telescopic pole is easily adjustable to suit your height and ability to stretch. The Garrett Ace 250, although now superceeded by the Garrett Ace 300i was sold in massive numbers and proved to be very popular. For an entry level machine, it did exactly what people wanted it to.

What Is The UK’s Best Metal Detector?

The four adjustable modes on its display are enough to suit any type of treasure hunting you might engage in. All in all, this is a beginner-friendly metal detector which is also suitable for the avid-detectorist. Working well to limit the amount of ‘junk’ metal you dig up, it’s also waterproof up to 3 m and effective around fresh water.

Garrett ACE 150 Metal Detector 2023 Review - DIY Garden Garrett ACE 150 Metal Detector 2023 Review - DIY Garden

You can put headphones in it, but if you don’t it will still make a beeping noise so you can find treasure. For a high-quality, entry-level metal detector, the HOOMYATX850 Metal Detector is accurate and easy to use.

The Minelab XTerra Pro

The coil is elliptical (oval) measuring 6.5 x 9 inches so it can fit between objects easier than a full circle coil. I pushed it between logs and beneath benches fairly easily. The instructions say you can upgrade this coil should you want to.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment