276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hylamide C25 Stabilized Vitamin C Booster 1 Oz

£29.5£59.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Key Ingredients: Ethylated Ascorbic Acid – a form of Vitamin C (a derivative – that is stable, so you don’t need to put it in the fridge or keep air away. A decent skin brightener. Deciem state that EAC is supposed to be anti-inflammatory as well and collagen production boosting too.

Ingredients- Aqua (Water), Coco Caprylate/caprate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Coconut Alkanes, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglycerol-3 Polyricinoleate, Glycerin, Hexamethyldisiloxane, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. MAP by The Ordinary is a favourite of mine. It is in a silky cream which contains mountain peanut and kakadu plum extracts. It feels nourishing and has much less sting to it than other Vit C products I’ve tried. I use it after my water based products and sometimes mix with NMF and Reservation to increase the antioxidant effects and boost my moisture barrier. I never get any irritation after using MAP but definately have noticed some brightening and improvement in my pigmentation since using it.

If you want your vitamin C strong and you’re easy going about the finish, you’re used to strong actives, you have skin like iron and you want to look young fast- then choose Vitamin C suspension 23%. The Cosdna entry says there is one ingredient, ethylhexyl palmitate, that scores a 4 for comedogenicity. And here is where my main issue with this product occurs – the texture. It is an anhydrous solution, meaning it contains no water as solvent but Ethoxydiglycol and despite not containing any oils it feels very oily when applied. So much for those that call water a “filler ingredient” when talking about INCI lists… I haven’t tried these but I’m taking advice from Reddit, these products come highly rated and are probably more elegant than The Ordinary formulations. I have since adjusted the usage and now apply it before using my at-home skin devices, as it provides great slip. I’m also still using Hylamide C25 before bed, since I shower in the morning after my workout. The instructor at my gym asked me to wait for her after class. Uh-oh! After everyone else had left, she asked me what I was using on my skin. She then proceeded to tell me how she wished her skin looked like mine — the best part is that she’s 33 and I’m 59!

It’s so important to remember, what works for one person may not work for you. It’s great to have your favourite influencer, but it’s also good to chat directly with people who may be the same age with similar skin types and concerns as you. Matrixyl Synthe’6 Peptide Complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38): Stimulates six major components of the skin matrix and dermal-epidermal junction, collagen I, III, IV, fibronectin, hyaluronic acid, and laminin 5, to help smooth skin and reduce wrinkles.Deciem is the parent company of The Ordinary and they have several other beauty brands under their umbrella. The Ordinary is the most affordable skincare brand, Hylamide is mid range and NIOD is the most expensive. If the cheapy cheap The Ordinary can produce such life altering skin improvements, I’m bang up for trying the more expensive products. For more up to date info on The Ordinary and Vitamin C products head to my Vitamin C guide. Hylamide C25 25% Vitamin C Booster Review Hylamide C25 Booster You can deal with the problem of instability in a few ways- using powdered vitamin C that can be mixed at home fresh (fiddly), keep it at low pH (less than 3.5), use a vitamin C derivative that will be more stable (but maybe less effective) like Magnesium Ascorbic Phosphate or formulate it with something like silicone, which is very unreactive. The Ordinary Vitamin C Options-

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment