276°
Posted 20 hours ago

emporiaSMART.5, Senior mobile phone 4G VoLTE, No-contract senior smartphone, Mobile phone with emergency call button, 5.5-inch display, Android 10, 13 MP camera, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It works on Android (and comes loaded with Android 10), but the main attractions of this phone are found within its simplicity. We all make clumsy mistakes every now and again (especially when it comes to our phones). With this being said I'm sure you’ll be happy to hear that the Emporia Smart.5 is splash and dustproof (rated IP54). We'll look at how easy the set-up of the device is and how straightforward it is for older people to use below, but let's first look at the features of the phone. And then we have the devices themselves. As I’ve written previously, cheap Android phones can be terrible to use, even for those with modest needs. A sluggish processor and crap screen will infuriate an 85-year-old just as much as an 18-year-old.

This ground-breaking new smartphone, with its unique smart cover will change the way the older generations interact with modern communications technology.Emporia was founded in 1991 to offer the senior market user-friendly telecommunication products. The brand is known internationally and has been developing products with up to date technology with a degree of understanding. Emporia have a part of the market that target those who feel left behind in technology. Design It's worth noting that when, for instance, a user presses the camera button via the case, it opens up the camera viewfinder in the panel above and the options are limited. An options menu takes users into a more detailed menu allowing them to switch to the front camera, access video and effects or use the QR Scan function. This phone is powered by a fast 1.8GHz octa-core processor which is paired with 3GB RAM and 32GB of storage but if you need more storage it allows for a micro SD card up to 256GB. As we mentioned, our tester felt a little intimidating on looking at it, but the content of the Training Book is designed to give users a comprehensive knowledge of what they're doing and can be referred to as and when necessary.

Automatically put your phone in loudspeaker mode (an alarm will sound to alert anyone nearby to assist) As a man who struggles to grip things sometimes thanks to a health condition, getting the rear cover off was a bit of a mission. There is a decent groove on the cover to allow a fingernail to be inserted, but it does feel as though you're pulling the phone apart. If someone wasn't sure about setting up a device, they might not have the confidence (or the dexterity) to do that.This phone is unique in the fact that I feel as though I could give it to any smartphone newcomer and they could intuitively figure it out themselves. That’s unique. It's an effective safety net for older people and their families, although it shouldn't be used as a replacement for other forms of emergency aid such as personal alarms. Touch Trainer Not only is it an easy-to-use device, with simplified menus and large icons, the ingenious smart cover with its four responsive windows allows for far more functionality than smartphones have offered before. The main display of the S5 contains four major shortcuts and a couple of smaller links. The four large buttons take users to: Some, like my 96-year-old nan, can Snapchat with the best of Gen-Z. For others, this phone may be their first-ever smartphone, and even their first ever internet-connected device.The latter will require more hand-holding and a simpler, gentler experience.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment