276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Belladonna: bestselling gothic fantasy romance

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Signa learns that Elijah is set to inherit quite a lot of money from his father. His business isn’t doing well, and he seems to have some issues with his brother, Byron. Charlotte and Diana give Signa all the gossip. At the start of the book, Signa is sure she wants to be a married society woman and is in denial of her powers to see ghosts and communicate with Death. But to show compassion to her new family and help save them, she needs to use those powers and confront her fears about who she really is. On the negative side, Signa engages in self-destructive behavior when she consumes belladonna so she can see Death (because of her powers, it won't kill her). Percy tries to kill Signa but he stabs her in the shoulder instead when Sylas shoves her out of the way.

Belladonna

Belladonna is the PERFECT fall read! There is a haunted mansion, a mystery to solve, and a dark and mysterious male. What more could you want for spooky season?” The New York Timesbestselling author of All the Stars and Teethbrings to life a highly romantic, Gothic-infused world of wealth, desire, and betrayal. ​ Belladonnacapitalizes on a well-developed magic system and atmospheric prose to deliver both a satisfying mystery and romance.”Death’s hands slid down her arms, and he took hold of her hands. 'Don’t fear me.' His tender voice brushed against her ears. 'Don’t resent me when Signa and Percy head into town to go to the apothecary. The doctor advises that Blythe doesn’t have company that day because she’s getting worse and hallucinating. Her tongue is starting to develop the same sores her mother’s did. Marjorie agrees with the doctor but Elijah points out that he gave the same advice for Lillian and she still ended up dead. I have waited for you for millennia, Signa Farrow.” There was a silky husk to his voice now, too pleased for his own good. “Since the dawn of this earth, I have waited. You are mine, and I am yours. And together, this world is ours.”

Belladonna: bestselling gothic fantasy romance eBook : Grace

Signa enters her spirit state using her Death powers. She reads Marjorie’s journal which talks about Lillian having eyes everywhere and praying for the children, and Marjorie wanting to be a family or something. Marjorie is clearly in love with Elijah and has been forever. Signa and Elijah confront Byron the next day at breakfast. Byron promises he had nothing to do with the poisonings. He wants to buy Elijah’s business, but that’s all. Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Signa has been experimenting with different poisons. She discovered a while ago that she wouldn’t die, but if she did take the poison then she could possibly summon Death himself. She also learns that if she touches things after consuming the poison, that thing will die.A few minor characters, including the son of a duke, are described as having brown skin. Brief mentions that two women dance together at a party, and two women are seen embracing at another party. Signa is an orphan. Signa spots fire in the distance and goes running. The garden is on fire. Sylas is already there and he tries to get Signa to leave, but Lillian has tethered Signa to the garden.

Belladonna Quotes by Adalyn Grace - Goodreads Belladonna Quotes by Adalyn Grace - Goodreads

I enjoyed this read so much, and that epilogue?? Uhm, ma’am. When can I get my hands on Foxglove??” Signa speaks to Elaine, Blythe’s maid. Signa tells her of her family home, Foxglove, and Elaine chats a bit about her responsibilities for looking after both Signa and Blythe. Death explains himself a bit. Sylas was invisible to everyone but Signa. He wants to be with her forever and Signa promises neither of them will be alone again.

Goodreads Summary:

Aunt Magda is now a very angry spirit. Thankfully for Signa, she’s about to get out of the house and go and live with another relative. Marjorie the governess starts giving Signa lessons such as how to walk like a lady and how to play the piano. The ending was fantastic and one of those Yeesss screaming and doing a happy dance so satisfying endings. It definitely makes me want more and I cannot wait for the next book Foxglove. Bring on more deaths and mysteries!”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment