276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One For My Enemy: A Bewitching Urban Fantasy from the Bestselling Author of The Atlas Six

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are a lot of characters to keep up with, but it’s pretty obvious early on who the two most important Antonova sisters are and, therefore, who the two most important Fedorov brothers are.

One For My Enemy by Olivie Blake | Waterstones

overall, i see why people did not like this book because it reads like a play with a character list, staging, and a random inventory list. i think if you enjoy the story of romeo & juliet and the remakes of it you will definitely enjoy this. even though i did not give this a five star i truly did love this book so much and my heart is forever w these characters ❤️‍🩹 I love this retelling! It was a captivating story full of love, heartbreak, betrayals, and spells. I can see myself rereading this over and over again! If you're a fan of Romeo and Juliet, this is a must-read! If I ever decide to give my heart to you, Dima, she’d said, holding his hand palm up, then cut it out of my chest and keep it somewhere safe, where no one else can get to it.”

Depends,” Marya replied, unfazed by Dimitri’s use of her own diminutive and clearly in no hurry to elaborate. Instead, she indulged a lengthy, scrutinizing glance around the room, her attention skating dismissively over Roman before landing, with some degree of surprise, on Lev. It's very subjective, but in my eyes, I did not view anyone as the villain. No character was written to be perfect, and they all shared individual flaws that made them so incredibly relatable. They were each selfish and greedy, but at the end of the day, despite their separate agendas and self-serving motivations, family, love, and loyalty always came first. One For My Enemy is a tale of ambition, sacrifice and legacy that’s high on Shakespearian level drama, betrayal, heartbreak and bittersweet insta-love (which, unusually, actually works). With forbidden romance, witchy politics and complicated family dynamics, it’s the perfect recipe for a beautiful tragedy. Another sensation from Blake.

One for My Enemy Quotes by Olivie Blake - Goodreads

I thought I was weak for you, Dima, but I was wrong. I'm Marya Antonova,” she told him, meeting his eye, "and I am loved by Dimitri Fedorov, and for that, I could never be weak." But I do wish the magic was explained a little more clearly, as I’m still not entirely sure how it works. First of all, let me talk about the writing, I found myself completely enthralled- THIS is the type of book that MAKES MY HEART SING! Did I adore this book and Olivie's writing mostly because I am obsessed with Masha and Dimitri? Yes. Absolutely. Forever. It was no whispered confession. It was no gentle murmur in the dark. It was the truth, plain and bare, and she wasn’t vulnerable for having said it. Instead, she wore her love like a shield,”I'd like to hear from an actual Russian, but the only great Russian-esque series written by a non-Russian appears to be The Bear and the Nightingale. Do not come here if you liked Shadow and Bone's wannabe Russian undertones. I’ve found before (when I was reading The Atlas Six) that while there are so many plotlines, nothing is happening. Dima,” Dimitri echoed, toying with the endearment as the large man beside Marya Antonova carefully folded her coat over his arm, as fastidious as his employer. “Is this a friendly visit, then, Masha?” I will always love you. I will love you until the day I die—and if you’re the one to kill me, then by all means, you should know without a doubt that you will not have turned me away. I will have spent the final beat of my heart loving you, just as I always have.”

One for My Enemy | Olivie Blake | Tor Publishing Group One for My Enemy | Olivie Blake | Tor Publishing Group

An urban fantasy set in New York City, Blake’s story centres on the vicious power plays and intricate romantic entanglements between two warring witch families. On one side of the conflict are the Antonovas – seven beautiful and magically gifted sisters helmed by the unforgiving Baba Yaga, a woman who clawed her way to power and has raised her daughters to be just as shrewd and strong. Their adversaries are the Fedorovs – Koschei the Deathless and his three unflinchingly loyal sons: golden heir Dimitri, overshadowed Roman, and sheltered youngest Lev. For twelve years the families have maintained a fraught stalemate. Until now. Lethally smart. Filled with a cast of brilliantly realized characters, each entangled with one another in torturously delicious ways, The Atlas Six will grip you by the throat and refuse to let go. Olivie Blake is a mind-blowing talent."—Chloe Gong, New York Times bestselling author of These Violent Delights A feud between two powerful witch families heats up, thanks to two pairs of star-crossed lovers and an ambitious middle son, in this stand-alone by the author of The Atlas Six (2022).This new hardcover edition will include illustrated endpapers from artist Lasq.Draws plus brand-new interior illustrations from Little Chmura* YA giant Clare makes her adult debut with a whirlwind epic fantasy featuring secret plots, ancient magic, and hidden identities. In One For My Enemy, Olivie Blake takes the classic tale of star-crossed lovers for a witchy, modernized spin, regaling us with the story of two magical Russian families silently warring in the midst of New York City. and you will find power in you no one else will ever dream of. You will have hunger no one else will ever feel, and it will drive you. It will push you to madness or else to greatness, and you have only to choose for yourselves what your futures will be.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment