276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sometimes the best camera for the job is the one you already own… Even if it’s 6 years old, only shoots 1080p and has since been replaced by newer iterations. It really feels like there is a demand out there, and if any camera manufacturers are reading this – I would urge you to consider the possibility.

Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera Review - Videomaker

Later in the week we expanded our kit to include a small, HD field monitor, a passive EF to Micro Four Thirds lens mount adapter, and an EF mount lens with a variable ND filter. The adapter allowed us to use some of our own EF lenses as well, although the iris on our lenses could not be adjusted through the adapter, so the iris was always wide open. Lastly, we armed ourselves with a large hand towel to drape over our head and the field monitor, just in case we still had trouble viewing the image outdoors. It’s a great camera in 2020. You don’t need 4k (cinema theaters get max. 2k, most 1080p) – if someone asks for it – upscale it – no one will notice after tiny tweaks (it records everything – there is plenty of detail to play with – it’s not dslr/phone etc. with its sharpening like crazy mode always on). bmpcc 4k – night shots (that can’t be shot during the day and graded to night), slowmo (for the reasons I can’t comprehend) The Camera has a 5" 800x480 LCD touchscreen display and dedicated buttons that can play and pause, stop, skip, focus and record media, access the menu and to power on the device. It can record raw, CinemaDNG, Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD onto 2.5K and 1080p resolutions, as well as lossless 2.5K raw, in 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 fps. This is why 16mm was so pivotal in the French New Wave movement, and in the birth of independent filmmaking more broadly.So as of right now in 2020, there are no new cinema cameras being manufactured that have native 16mm sensors. And that is really a shame! The film will require some run and gun insert shots that will be filmed guerrilla style on location. For many of these shots, it won’t be practical (or even possible) to shoot with my Arri SRII, so I’ll likely need to supplement the production with some digital footage. Finally, and most importantly, the fundamental quality of its 4K video takes on much pricier cameras and, when you know how to work it, handles noise better than some full frame sensors too, thanks to its the dual native ISOs. Not to mention, the reduced sensor size allows the camera’s body to remain significantly smaller – likely due to the decreased risk of overheating – which is key consideration too.

Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Memory Card Slot

Iris Control: Automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped (active lenses only) If a current digital 16mm camera existed, I’d be first in line to buy one. But until that happens, I’ll happily continue to utilize the tool I already own and know can deliver the results I need. My good old BMPCC! What’s also interesting is that the manual electronic focus on MFT lenses requires a very long turn of the focus ring by contrast to, for example, the GH5. It can feel inconsistent and potentially hamper you from getting that pan-focus you want, especially if you’re winging it without any supporting accessories. What’s missing? Input/Output: 1/8” (3.5mm) stereo audio input; Micro HDMI Type D Output; 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo headphone output; 2.5mm LANC for remote Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control: USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates and configurationWe know, we know, when you’re shooting video, a true professional never uses continuous autofocus. But, we’re not true professional videographers, we’re video journalists and on some occasions, needs must. At the base is a slightly flimsy battery door which is removable so the potential for third party battery grips is a reality, while to the left you’ve got a dual card slot which feels a bit more sturdy. The camera takes SD and CFast cards, with the CFast cards required for the highest quality raw 4K video. I know what you feel. I’ve owned original BMCC and Micro Camera. Micro was one of my favourite cameras ever. The picture was nice and organic. You could use it super16 and/or add speedbooster for almost super35 look. The noise was there but it was organic and kinda nice. It was small and it had 1080 60p. I wish BM could just release the micro cinema camera with stabilization and build in flip out touch screen and Sony L batteries. I sold it some time ago, but this is the one I miss 🙂 There’s also a USB-C port, supporting data transfer and slow charging. A point to note - this won’t keep the camera alive while shooting, just supplement the battery power to ease the load. Power: Removable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for EN-EL20, 12V-20V DC port for external power and battery charging

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment