276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Diamond: BEHIND EVERY STRONG WOMAN IS AN EPIC STORY: historical crime fiction at its most gripping

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At first I thought I would give this book a go and I'm glad that I dis from the first chapter till the last it was so different . There is pain, love and hardship, life laid bare, it’s a real rip roaring piece of historical crime fiction.

Diamond Butcher is a beautiful girl and the daughter of Warren Butcher the head of the Wolfe gang who run the streets of Soho. Fleeing to France to find a friend of her mothers she assumes a new identity and becomes a nude model for an artist. It’s tough and gritty, but very addictive and I stopped reading anything else so I could finish this. But then she meets Richard Beaumont, the youngest son of a wealthy aristocratic family, and sparks fly.Diamond Butcher and her family are driven from all they own by the Wolfe family even in France,so Diamonds father brings them back to London to rebuild their lives. Diamond a little jewel of a girl, her father Warren Butcher rule the streets of Soho the Wolfe mob run them out of London and they head to Paris her mother glamour Frenchie and her two brothers Owen and Aiden then moving back to take over the club Milano they will never be rid of Gustav Wolfe, and after their fathers death his brother Victor steps in and rules the roots. beautiful and feisty, she’s gonna need to be tough, as her life spirals out of control, following a fight with her brutal uncle, Diamond escapes to Paris leaving her two brothers behind. Containing steamy sex scenes, graphic gangland violence, murder and even an execution scene this isn’t a book for the faint hearted but it’s certainly a real page turner.

We follow Diamond Butcher and her family, once high up in the echelons of London gangland crime - now forced under the heel of her Uncle Victor who runs things. I never have to read the blurb on books by Jessie Keane I have confidence that I am going to love it her narrative is superb and her characters are always relatable. I was hooked from the moment I started reading this book with all of its twists and turns I found it so hard to put down so much so the first night I started to read it I was only going to read a few chapters but it was 5. This book had a fantastic story, lots of action and crime and will have you on the edge of your seat. The supporting characters fit firmly into two categories, good or evil, and there are some truly evil, despicable characters in this book that made this book such an exciting read.Victor is worse than evil and forces Diamond to take part in some of his vile plots to extort anyone he can. The story starts with us meeting Diamond Butcher, who is raised by her loving mum and dad, along with her two brothers, during the early part of the last century.

Diamond Butcher is a feisty female lead character who has to put up with abuse with her family in London and has to cope with a move to Paris where her life is far from easy.

Warren's brother decides to take over the firm as well as the household using his bully boy and controlling ways. Back home in London, she reluctantly re-joins the Soho family 'firm' she'd once been glad to leave behind.

Back home in London, she reluctantly re-joins the Soho family ‘firm’ she’d once been glad to leave behind.She has two younger brothers the youngest Owen who was born with the cord around his throat has learning difficulties but is loved no less than diamond or Archie her other brother. But when she gets there the city is not the beautiful one that her mother has portrayed in her stories. I can imagine more books featuring Diamond, taking forward the partnerships that she made in this one, but even if that doesn't happen I thought the ending was just right. Diamond felt like a sweeping story, taking in what felt like enough drama to cover several lifetimes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment