276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zoom H4N PRO Digital Multitrack Recorder Earplug, 6 cm, Black

£128.96£257.92Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Though I’ve personally never run into the issue of an accidentally disconnected cable with my H5, the security of the H4n Pro jacks could be important in environments where people and gear are constantly being moved around. It records and plays back at resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz and boasts an improved noise floor that captures low-volume audio with few artifacts and vanishingly low noise. Monitoring audio levels from various miss as well as the ability to be used as an audio interface is a great tool. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well.

Zoom H4N PRO Stereo Handy Recorder in Black

When mounted on a stand this won't be an issue, but generally you have to hold the Zoom rather gingerly when recording to avoid handling noise, so the risk of dropping the thing and smashing those protruding, fragile-looking mics was a constant worry. When used together that gave, I'd say, around 75% protection against wind noise without a noticeable drop in response. While the stress of running out of batteries can be avoided by remembering to bring spares, the fact that the H5 gets a 2. Haven't tried external microphones or plug in instrument yet as the base unit does all I presently require.Using the H4n Pro's built-in XY mics (or external ones), Stereo mode is great for capturing acoustic instruments, dialogue, live performances, and more — covering a broad stereo spectrum while capturing clear, defined sound sources in the center.

Zoom - H4nPro/BLK UK Version - Portable 4-track recorder - X

Perhaps there is a firmware update out there that I have yet to install, but with other users reporting this issue on the H4n Pro as well as the H5, I will leave this as a word to the wise. My only complaint is that it's the buttons and scroll wheel make things a little difficult to navigate. I appreciate the ability to interchange mic recording systems and the ability to record up to four tracks at once.The scoring that appears on this site is determined by the site operator in its sole discretion, and should NOT be relied upon for accuracy purposes. However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.

Zoom H4N PRO vs Zoom H5 - BestAdvisor Product Comparison: Zoom H4N PRO vs Zoom H5 - BestAdvisor

If noise is still a problem, there's an optional remote control that plugs into the main unit via a mini‑jack on the left‑hand side panel. The H4n Pro features high performance, low-noise mic preamps with recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. This is much more than you can imagine for a small device, that will go Anywhere, as your sole input for recording DI. Andertons Music Company is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm registration number 716155. Plus, Zoom has included an onboard M-S decoder for mid-side recording with external mics, which lets you adjust the width of the stereo image in post production.As I haven't yet bought a dedicated wind sock I used instead a pair of spongy pop filters that came with a pair of Behringer overhead mics (useless on their own when tested against a fan), and a child's mitten tucked over the mics.

H4n - | ZOOM H4n - | ZOOM

Tackling the handling-noise issues of the H4 and upgrading the external mic preamps makes quite a difference. Providing the essential combination of versatility, portability and superior audio quality, the H4N Pro is the new gold standard in field recording. If the fault occurs within the first 180 days of your ownership, we'll collect the goods and deliver them back to you free of charge. Record time-stamped WAV files to sync with video footage in post-production, or embed superior audio directly on your video in real-time through a ⅛" stereo feed.Combi sockets on the bottom panel allow the connection of external mics, or line/DI sources, and these sockets can deliver 24V or 48V phantom power. If you’re not sure why that’s notable, just know that preamps are responsible for boosting a weak mic signal– and the better the preamps, the lower the unwanted noise. It also has the ability to record four tracks of audio into a single recording, as well as be able to plug in multiple devices (guitar, mics, keyboards, ect) to different channels.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment