276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Slob

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Vera, Daniel and Harold live in filthy, disgusting, rat infested, grime-filled conditions but, whilst Vera is doing her best to keep the family afloat Daniel, her disabled and troubled husband, is struggling to the point of going under. Then, there is 7 year old Harold - 'Son of Slob', the podgy, overgrown freaky kid that provides the ultimate challenge for his downtrodden, despairing parents. Far from being a normal young boy, Harold has very special needs and exhibits such alarming, disturbing behaviour that professional help is now most urgently required before matters degenerate to even lower levels of depravity and to such an uncontrollable and unmanageable situation, which bottoms out to truly horrific and horrendous proportions, that matters cannot be rectified. And then I heard it was nominated for a Splatterpunk Award – which is not only well-deserved validation for the work, but also pretty damn impressive if you consider it is a self-published book. The entire plot is her entering the house of The Slob, and then being tortured, brutalised, humiliated, and sexually assaulted in the most horrific ways. Her child is aborted in a way that I can’t even describe here. At first we experience her own destruction, and then he moves onto her ‘roommate’ who is similarly subjected. They try to escape, and find even more corpses of women in a barn, each with their own ‘imaginative injuries’. Both women have their own dedicated rape scenes, and objectification is taken to the extreme with one woman’s “oral lips being sewn to her lady lips.” The amount of effort and time that is spent during these scenes describing everything in intimate detail – from The Slob’s genitals to the woman’s injuries – shows an obsessive approach to this violence. Everything else in the book is simply filler from one torture scene to the next. It really succeeded in being horrifying nightmarefule but still being hard not to continue. But I think I'll wait a bit before reading book 2

In terms of products, you'll be looking for pre-blow-dry creams that will flatten the cuticle for lasting smoothness. Then, use a light oil or serum once the hair is dried to get a sleek and shiny finish. The long awaited and highly anticipated sequel to The Slob, follows Vera and how well, or not, she is dealing with the aftermath of her terrifying encounter with The Slob, and her relationship with her son Harold, who was born out of the horror she endured in the first book.I don’t wanna describe the “horrendous torture” that Vera experienced at the hands of the Slob in great detail because I feel like I’m gonna throw up if I do. The story does start off strong then half way though it just becomes "how can I make this as pointlessly disgusting as possible with out actually adding to the plot/story". There is like a 10 minuet description of "The Slob" in the seen that take about 5 seconds in real time.

By the end of last year or the beginning of this one, I discovered Aron Beauregard. His stories were very extreme, but really good, and I knew there was something special about his writing. Then I read THE SLOB, and it blew my fragile and sensitive, ever-loving mind to pieces. Yep, loved 'The Slob' and loved 'The Son of Slob' too, so cannot wait to find out what the master, that is AB, has in store for us next. Personally, I was more interested in the commentary of war and the mental health critique. They actual marry beautifully (if anything can be called beautiful in that novel.) The psychiatrist was infuriating to say the least, his inability to actually see what Vera needs versus what he WANTS her to accomplish. More needs to be written like this. Not only Vera needing help, but Daniel as well and the inaction that leads to dire consequences. War, I’m excited about the possibly continuation of Morris’s story.For anyone who doesn't understand why I can love one extreme story and hate the next, let me tell you something about myself: This is gross. Vile. Upsetting. Graphic. Depressing. Nauseating. Tragic. Insert 57 other disturbing adjectives here. Muahaha!! Muahaha!! Muahaha!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣😈 You’ll have to discover it, like I did. But just let me tell you, this Harold boy, is so disgusting you can’t even imagine it. My empathy for him died, even before it had a chance to live, when I watched him play by himself through his mother eyes. Then he disgusted me even more when I watched him play with rats, which are his favorite pets, (sort of😆) through Daniel’s eyes . Now, this story is a continuation of The Slob which, by it’s own right, is one of the most vile novels on the planet. (And yes, that is a compliment.) But this one digs deeper and if I can get English major-y, in your face with social commentary. Don't usually Reread a book so close from reading it the first time. Read it in January this year but I just got book two.

Beauregard has tapped into the psychology of his main characters and he writes it well, because he makes it believable. Right from the start of this story, something popped out at me – this is probably much closer to the truth than the Hollywood fluff would like you to believe. In my review, I mentioned that it will be the story which sets the bar for extreme stories from then on.

Scrabble Tools

I travelled with Vera on her long, disturbing and horrific journey, and I felt every emotion along with her. It was heartbreaking, brutal and terrifying. I really felt for her. And when SON OF THE SLOB starts, we are eight years after the initial story. Vera, the one who was so totally obsessed with cleanliness, lives in a house that is a mess after years of neglect – even the rats are comfortable in these horrible surroundings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment