276°
Posted 20 hours ago

T.V.: Big Adventures on the Small Screen – Dive into the humour of comedian and bestselling author of The Sound of Laughter Peter Kay with his 2023 autobiography

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They’re a bit tatty and torn now and I’ve actually seen one or two microscopic white insects wandering across the pages. With the exception of a brief appearance on Strictly Come Dancing that year, Peter all but disappeared from the public eye. Appearing on chat shows like Parkinson, at the Queen's Golden Jubilee and sharing letters from Ronnie Barker.

You can use the buttons below to amend your preferences to enable Podcast cookies or to allow those cookies just once.Here, in exclusive extracts from his new book, Peter reveals what it was like to go from behind the scenes to in the chair.

Parky: Our next guest used to be my warm-up man and he used to say to me, ‘One day I’m gonna walk down those stairs and be a guest on your show’. Peter Kay has revealed he is writing a third autobiography and was inspired by recording his first one for an audiobook. When our host orchestrates the audience in a TV theme recital, say, or goes all misty-eyed at one chocolate-bar jingle after another, his role is more conduit for our collective memory than comedian. Discussing recording it at home, Kay said: "Audible said it was fine, so that made everything much more relaxed.The Bolton-born comedian is currently performing his new stand-up show Better Late Than Never, which will run until the end of 2025. It’s good to get back to what I love doing best, stand-up comedy and if there’s ever a time people need a laugh it’s now.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment