276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Exquisite Corpse

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Adventure" was written in precisely this fashion by a selection of some of the most popular children's and youth authors of today. We get to experience this macabre tale in 4 parts. Each part is told through the eyes of a different character and, as the story develops, the darker it becomes. The "But I love you" I can imagine pleading, as an excuse, underneath everything wouldn't need to wait until everyone else was asleep. This is based on a true story, (I believe of a man called Carl Tanzler), and has intrigued me enough that I’ll be researching what happened to him & his dead muse!

Books: 1970-1995 The Muse Is Always Half-Dressed in New Orleans: and Other Essays The Blood Countess, a novel Zombification The Repentance of Lorraine Road Scholar: Coast to Coast Late in the Century Belligerence, poems The Hole in the Flag: a Romanian Exile's Story of Return and Revolution At the Court of Yearning: Poems by Lucian Blaga Raised by Puppets Only to Be Killed by Research Monsieur Teste in America & Other Instances of Realism, stories Comrade Past & Mister Present The Disappearance of the Outside: a Manifesto for Escape A Craving for Swan In America's Shoes Selected Poems 1970-1980 Necrocorrida For the Love of a Coat The Lady Painter The Marriage of Insult and Injury The Life & Times of an Involuntary Genius The HISTORY of the GROWTH of HEAVEN A Serious Morning Why I Can't Talk on the Telephone license to carry a gun On the surface, this sounded like this might be a challenging but interesting book (a la Barnes' "Nightwood"). But I think that nobody liked this book and a couple of readers hated it a lot.If you have a thing for serial killers and 'villain gets the boy/the girl', then read this one!!!! 'The love of my life'? HAHAHAA!!! Lina Dahlstrom is beautiful but poor and when tests show that she has tuberculosis it seems that all hope is lost. Her husband and family cannot afford the fees to get Lina the healthcare that she needs. Then along comes Dr Dance who claims he can cure Lina and that he will do it for free. Linas sister Greta is all for it at first but then becomes wary of Dr Dance. Linas husband Petter outright refuses and states that the free hospital will help his wife. As Lina becomes more unwell Petter disappears. Lina agrees to the treatment that Dr Dance is offering but becomes more unwell and when news comes regarding Petters disappearance Lina finally succumbs to the illness. Dr Dance does not take this well and he becomes more obsessed than ever…..

Apichatpong Weerasethakul's 2000 film Mysterious Object at Noon uses this technique with a mixture of documentary and fictional film. this book centers around two serial killers (who btw are based on real serial killers), who meet while on the hunt and recognise the monster in the one another. they fall for each other in their own psychopathic way. murder, torture, necrophilia, and cannibalism ensues. So of course, it will be a different style of adventure and writing with each new chapter. Sort of a mathematical puzzle. There once lived a man who loved a beautiful young man. There are a lot of men like this and I felt the price again. The mother of the baby has to go looking for dollars (never more than two) in her husband's breasts. What would it be like for them if the cost was never named between any of them. So now that you’ve prepared the paper, I need you to tune into your inner weirdo. This part is fun.Although I was not sure what to expect from this book, I was intrigued with each snippet of the fascinating women Diener included. The dreamlike flashes of stories unknown to many were inspiring and heartbreaking. If the characters weren’t bad enough, Brite’s ‘style’ seals the deal on this dud. Some chapters are told in the first-person past-tense of Andrew, the rest are all third person omniscient in the present, which is relatively annoying (and lame). It’s also very lame that while Andrew is the only one from the UK, everyone else thinks in ‘proper’ english spelling. He is deranged to the point of absurdity; disquietingly, though, the justifications he offers for his acts carry such familiar elements of control, power and possessive lust that his extreme entitlement seems realistic. The novel and the story that inspired it take place in the 1930s, but the central themes are more relevant than ever. Dance’s control over Lina and his wife, Doris, is insidious and manipulative. He positions himself as a saviour and then a victim so effectively that even when his crimes are revealed he receives fanmail (from men and women). Doris, on the other hand, when she attempts to leave him, is criticised by the public and their friends for not standing beside her husband. I touched my fingers to the bead of scarlet on his throat, brought them to my lips and tasted his blood for the first time. “I’m your nightmare. Did you think you were done with nightmares, now you’ve become one?” In 1990s New Orleans, recently escaped British serial killer Andrew Compton joins forces with Jay Byrne, an American playboy who has pushed his ‘art’ to a new level. A level where both men are able to realise their most profane and deplorable fantasies. They set their sights on what they deem to be the perfect victim, a young Vietnamese-American runaway named Tran.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment