276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osmo - Coding Starter Kit for iPad - 3 Hands-on Learning Games - Ages 5-10+ - Learn to Code & - Creative Starter Kit for iPad - 3 Educational Learning Games - Ages 5-10 - Drawing

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Osmo Coding Starter Kit is the first coding toy we have owned and honestly, I wasn’t really sure what my son would think. He is 10 years old and loves video games. If he had it his way, he would spend endless hours playing Roblox and Fortnite— but a coding kit? I was a little skeptical that it would be able to hold his attention. But even with my uncertainty of how he would react, I was excited for him to give it a try because I know learning the basics of coding is very useful for children in today’s world — especially those who are drawn to electronics and may one day be able to make a career out of their passion. The apps we loved the most were the ones that required you to really engage with both the physical part of the game as well as the screen. When we first got our Osmo, the base and add-ons all came in this beautiful, handy boxes that were magnetic so they stayed together beautifully. I don’t think that’s true anymore, though it looks like the base kit comes with some small storage containers. If you’re having a hard time keeping it all organized, Osmo now has a separate storage organizer. Should you get the Osmo? This is one of the main reasons I feel like coding needs to be introduced to children at such a young age. They are not just learning about coding, they are learning about a whole slew of other accessory concepts while playing a game that is engaging, fun, and educational.

Carry on reading for our Osmo kit review a brilliant coding game for kids. What is included in the Osmo Coding Kit

Some examples of daily routines include getting ready for school, or building a bedtime routine.• Cooking & Coding – A Delicious Way to Learn

The Word game involved a lot of guessing and it seemed so random what pictures and words they had. My son who is learning how to read was just confused and my older son who can read was easily bored by it. The drawing app was okay (one of my boys enjoyed playing it once). But I didn’t love that it just involved staring at the screen, and didn’t involve a ton of creativity.If you’re using the Osmo with your ipad, I’d HIGHLY recommend getting the Osmo case that goes with it. I really wish this had been out when we first got our Osmo, because that was one of the things that made me the most nervous about using it when the kids were younger. Access to the other apps that don’t require extra pieces – like the Drawing app and the Newton app. Osmo’s Coding Awbie uses several of the Basic Coding Concepts that are useful for children of any age. Before you begin playing this game, make sure to explain to your child about the basic steps for cooking the dish, along with the ingredients required to make it. This was a super fun game that all three of my boys loved. It involved not just learning adding in different ways, but also planning ahead to create combos. It’s another game that progresses well with levels.

Ask your child to assign a “code” to each letter of the alphabet. It could be an image, a punctuation mark, a symbol, etc! Once they’ve created their own code, ask them to write a secret letter to someone in their code. Trust us, this can be a lot of fun!• Mouse & Cheese – Top Coding Games for Kids Osmo’s Coding Awbie is another app+kit that uses the basic functions of coding to teach kids as young as 4 or 5 how to code. There are so many proven benefits of coding, and I feel like these benefits apply to any child. It is aimed at children aged between 5 and 12 years old, and can only be played on an Ipad or iPhone.Beyond enabling kids to remain equipped to face the digital world, why is teaching kids to code so important? Here are a few reasons why: I am always keeping an eye out for the latest and greatest coding games and best coding apps for kids. Some of you may remember the review I did a while ago on Osmo’s Coding Jam. Well, Osmo has other coding activities out there, like Osmo Coding Awbie, and it is just as wonderful and educational. What is Coding Awbie? The best coding games for kids are those that blend learning and fun! In this delicious learning game, you are the robot and your child is the programmer. They would need to design algorithms and provide you with the steps to make an easy meal! Remember, one wrong instruction and they need to debug the entire process!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment