276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dragonfall: A MAGICAL SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER! (The Dragon Scales Trilogy)

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

that's not to say a lot of things are left unresolved, but that while the Big Events in this book were tied up, there is definitely more to come, and I'm excited for it. I loved the magic system, it was different to many others i read and i really enjoyed that, but i also liked it wasnt front and foremost in this book. I loved Everen and Arcady and how their relationship developed (back and forth and up and down, there wasn't anything linear about it). The dragon's morals and aspirations left me shaking and the bond between Everen and Arcady was phenomenal.

Dragonfall | L.R. Lam | 9781399715485 | NetGalley Dragonfall | L.R. Lam | 9781399715485 | NetGalley

The payoff is wonderful, and I hope the same style is adopted for the sequels, though I'm not sure considering where lam chooses to take the story next. Lam’s Dragonfall is a powerful all-new imagining of dragons and humans and the wild magic burning between them, set in a divided world as brilliantly original as it is convincing. I've been excited about this since it was announced (as I've read almost everything else from this author, and I love dragons) so I was thrilled my ARC request was approved.

Sorin I was less keen on, I think mainly because she didn't have as many POV scenes as Everen and Arcady, and because she's trapped in an abusive (non-sexual) relationship with her mentor, and it was painful to watch.

Dragonfall by L.R. Lam | Hachette UK Dragonfall by L.R. Lam | Hachette UK

While there are still some unanswered questions, I thought the ending was resolved very well, which is another reason I think cozy fantasy lovers will be in to this one. My favorite chapters might have been Everen's because I like him and I also like the way he talks about Arcady. Disguised as a human, Everen soon learns that to regain his true power and form and fulfil his destiny, he only needs to convince one little thief to trust him enough to bond completely--body, mind, and soul—and then kill them. It took me longer than usual to fully immerse myself in the story, but by around 20% in, I started to feel the magic of the writing.This is a story of an unlikely forced bond, both have secrets, both parties have their ulterior motives however they find themselves coming together in ways they do not expect.

Dragonfall by L.R. Lam | Waterstones

I am writing this just as I have finished the last chapter and I think I will be reading and craving the second instalment for quite some time to come!An intriguing world, forbidden romance, unique magic, and of course, as many dragons as your heart could possibly desire. Dragonfall ended by giving me a decent conclusion for the immediate events that happened but not the ongoing goals/quests of the characters.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment