276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Atlantic Crossing

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Though everything is more polished, the rock tracks at least can give you the impression that not much has changed. It was done with the rhythm section I've always wanted to record with, the MGs, Steve Cropper, Al Jackson, Duck Dunn, Muscle Shoals rhythm section and I even used Al Green's rhythm section," Stewart added.

Atlantic Crossing - Wikipedia

Finalmente, el diseño de la portada es una fantasía kitsch con un Rod Stewart en rollo comic muy glam que parece que está vertiendo una coctelera mientras pisa fuerte por encima de una ciudad. The rock legend has dominated the charts since he burst onto the music scene in the early 1970s and his songs are still played on radio stations across the world, including this one! With his distinctive raspy singing voice, Stewart is among the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold over 250 million records worldwide. Sadly, metronomic drummer Al Jackson died not long after the track was recorded, the last time the great studio group recorded together and a most apt swan-song it was.In July 1969, Rod Stewart left the band, alongside Ronnie Wood, later admitting "unfriendliness" was partly a reason why he left.

Rod Stewart – Atlantic Crossing (1977, Blue, Vinyl) - Discogs Rod Stewart – Atlantic Crossing (1977, Blue, Vinyl) - Discogs

The collection spans from his early years through to present day and captures some of his biggest moments and memories. Stewart starts things off with what is arguably his finest rocker to date, “Three Time Loser,” a randy, rowdy, genial, and genital rouser about — of all things! He also shares Ruby Stewart with Kelly Emberg, as well as Renee Cecili Stewart and Liam McAlister Stewart with Rachel Hunter. It's easy to listen to them and let Stewart's voice distract you from how everything is more together, less raw. I'm on the side of those who think that Atlantic Crossing is on of Stewart's album, maybe even his best--and this from a fan who has an abundance of love for Every Picture Tells a Story and Never a Dull Moment.I Don't Want To Talk About It" is a sensitive cover of a lesser-known Crazy Horse tune and became one of his signature songs although it wasn't released as a single until partnering the next album's "The First Cut Is The Deepest" as a double A-side over a year later. I don't feel a huge need to skip it, but when you consider how he reinvented "This Old Heart of Mine" so well (into a mellow Soul/light Funk piece) and dropped two of his most iconic covers (I Don't Want to Talk About It" and "Sailing") onto one album it's really not all that special. The group collaborated with Jimmy Powell and toured London, performing weekly at Studio 51, a club on Great Newport Street in London where The Rolling Stones gained popularity from the public.

‎Atlantic Crossing - Album by Rod Stewart - Apple Music

In January, Rod announced that he was going to become a grandfather again as his daughter Ruby is expecting a baby boy.

The list includes a Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music in 1993, he received the first ever Diamond Award from the World Music Awards for over 100 million records sold worldwide and a Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album in 2005 for Stardust .

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment