276°
Posted 20 hours ago

STAYCOOL 16in / 40cm Wall Fan / 3 Speed Settings / 90 Degree Oscillation/Vertical Tilt/Pull Cord Operation / 45w / Quiet Motor/Easy Installation/Safety Grill/Wall Mountable / F1421WH / White

£17.495£34.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These include “HDR Video”, which sets the display so professionals working on HDR10 video can preview material correctly. In this mode, the brightness is capped at 1,000cd/m2, the colour space set to P3 and the gamma to ST.2084. I can’t comment on the M2 Max chipset’s performance levels in this review as Apple supplied an M2 Pro (12-core CPU, 19-core GPU) for testing. If my results are anything to go by, though, most users won’t need anything more. As with the M2 Pro Mac mini, this is an absolute beast of a machine, that will take everything from 8K video editing, colour grading and editing to 3D rendering in its stride. For now, however, Mac power junkies will have to satisfy themselves with the redesigned 14in and 16in MacBook Pro machines. Not that I can imagine anyone being dissatisfied with either one. Thanks to the new Apple M1 Pro and Pro Max processors, sumptuous mini-LED displays and an expanded array of physical ports, among many other things, Apple’s new machines should be the laptops of choice for the demanding mobile professional for the foreseeable future. READ NEXT: The best laptops to buy today Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch (M2 Pro, 2023) review: Design and features

READ NEXT: The best laptops to buy today Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch (M2 Pro, 2023) review: Performance Perhaps the most impressive aspect of the performance of the MacBook Pro 16in, however, isn’t the raw power of its CPU or GPU but its efficiency. Normally, you’d expect a big, beefy machine like this to be a terrible choice as a carry-around, work on the move laptop but not a bit of it. Battery life is fantastic, lasting a highly impressive 16hrs 20mins in our video rundown test. SSD performance is hugely impressive, too, the 2TB drive in my review sample returning 5,291MB/sec and 6,457/MBsec for sequential reads and writes. Bear in mind, though, that SSD performance will vary depending on the capacity you choose. The smallest 512GB SSD is spread across fewer NAND chips than the 1TB and larger drives, and that means slower reads and writes. Indeed, various reports from around the internet suggest the 512GB SSD is around half the speed of the larger drives. There aren't many 16-inch laptops on the market geared towards creators, but that doesn't mean that you can't get your hands on something fantastic. In fact, the 16-inch MacBook Pro variant is arguably the best overall laptop for creators in general, and we highly recommend it — provided you don't mind using Apple's macOS, of course.verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{ We tested the HDR Video and the Internet and Web presets and found both to be pretty much spot on in terms of colour accuracy. In these tests, in the HDR Video mode I measured an average DeltaE colour error score of 0.98 and P3 gamut coverage of 98.8%, while in Internet and Web, I measured an average DeltaE colour error score of 0.5 and an sRGB gamut volume of 98.1%.

Folks that need a productivity-focused ultrabook that offers a strong balance between performance and price should look towards the Acer Swift 3's 16-inch option. Between its 11th Gen Intel i7-11370H, Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics, 16GB of RAM, and up to 1TB SSD, the 16-inch Acer Swift 3 delivers reliable and respectable performance for productivity. On top of that, the FHD display has great colors and contrast, though it's not as sharp as the panels you'll find on more expensive laptops. The battery life of the device comes in at a cool 10-11 hours. Much though we’d have loved Apple to send us the top-end model, the model on test is more representative of the sort of specification most people will opt for, with an M1 Pro processor supplemented by 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. Much the same could be said for the MacBook’s performance levels, which are ready for pretty much any demanding professional creative task you could possibly ask of it.Among all the laptops we’ve reviewed that scored 250 or more in our in-house benchmarks, this year’s MacBook Pro is by far the longest-lasting machine. Impressively, it lasted nearly two hours longer than the less powerful M1 MacBook Air and ten hours longer than the aforementioned Alienware x15. But it still isn’t quite a perfect ten. As I mentioned above, the bathtub notch housing the 1080p FaceTime HD camera is still, in my view, an unnecessary compromise. The fact that there’s no USB-A port is an annoyance, too. I understand Apple has to draw the line somewhere, otherwise there would be no end of holes littering the edges of its otherwise pristine devices, but one small nod to legacy devices is surely not too much to ask.

I loaded it up with 17 simultaneous clips of 8K H.265 video and used DaVinci Resolve to output to 4K ProRes 4444 XQ and it popped out in 4mins 5secs. Compared to my M1 Mac mini, which completed the same task in 9mins 31secs, that’s seriously fast. Perhaps more importantly, however, is that in addition to the all-singing, all-dancing default XDR display mode, Apple has included a number of pre-calibrated modes aimed at different creative scenarios. The display itself is a stunner. I said at the time of my iPad Pro 12.9in (2021) review that I consider mini-LED technology to be a better choice than OLED for mobile devices with larger screens such as laptops and this MacBook Pro display confirms that for me. While mini-LED screens will never be able to quite match the perfect contrast of OLED – there will always be a little blooming in areas of strong contrast – and there is some of that here – they are in many ways more practical.The obvious competitor to the 16in MacBook Pro in my mind is the new Samsung Galaxy Book3 Ultra. Equipped with the latest Intel 13th Gen H-series 45W CPUs, 4000-series Nvidia graphics and a glorious 16in 3K OLED display, Apple might well have some serious competition on its hands. I doubt that the Samsung will be able to compete with the Apple when it comes to battery life, though, and it doesn’t come close for RAM and storage options, either. A millimetre (American spelling: millimeter, symbol mm) is one thousandth of a metre, which is the International System of Units (SI) base unit of length. The millimetre is part of a metric system. A corresponding unit of area is the square millimetre and a corresponding unit of volume is the cubic millimetre. Battery: These systems do not support batteries that are not genuine Lenovo-made or authorised. Systems will continue to boot, but may not charge unauthorised batteries. Lenovo has no responsibility for the performance or safety of unauthorised batteries, and provides no warranties for failures or damage arising out of their use. **Battery life is based on the MobileMark® 2014 methodology and is an estimated maximum. Actual battery life may vary based on many factors, including screen brightness, active applications, features, power management settings, battery age and conditioning, and other customer preferences.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment