276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bastard Son and the Devil Himself: Now a major Netflix series

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The teenager must find a way to unlock his full powers before his 17th birthday, or face madness and death. Glad I gave it a go though, and again, I definitely wouldn't say it was bad, it's just not the kind of story I like.

In the first half of the novel Green focuses on giving a very detailed back story of Nathan, some would say this part was too slow, but personally I enjoyed the pacing. If I didn’t know any better I would have thought this was some sort of gory horror flick directed by Rob Zombie with that name. As he grows up in a world that distrusts him, he realises that the good guys often do bad things and those who are evil might not be all they first seem. Beginning a new life in Florida, Michele meets a fairborn witch but the divide between blood witches and fairborn witches is as dangerous as ever.If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will find the setting in this world quite familiar, which is good, because the setting in this book is very poorly built. From his own sister, who constantly tries to intimidate him, to the bullies at school, who pound him into the ground. I didn't love this book, and admittedly was a tiny bit disappointed by my first impression, but I certainly didn't not enjoy it (sorry about the grammar there). PS I also happened to like Marcus, he was quite fascinating, and I wish we got to learn more about him personally in this book. I mean me personally would only see fit to torture people that are involved in animal cruelty, pedophiles, elderly abusers, you get my drift.

The writing style was kinda basic, and it also kind of jumped from first person to second person all the time. Sally Green has written an entertaining, smart and epic first novel and I am going to find it impossible to wait for book 2.As well as a very realistic story about a boy growing up, it's also a fast-paced, vicious, gruesome page-turner. Gabriel Boutin is back in Europe but stuck in the body of a fain whilst looking for Mercury, the powerful and volatile blood witch who is his only hope of regaining his true form.

And next thing the plates are all smashed on the floor and I don’t know how I get so angry so quickly.The scenes don't fade into black, Nathan screams throughout some of them and they just felt very visual and hard to process at times. There are a few instances where there are spells mentioned and used, but the vast majority boils down to witches making potions.

There's a complex system in place involving White witches, Black witches, Hunters, Gifts, traditions and myths, with details delivered in a way that wonderfully balances our curiosity and fascination.

He puts the point back into my left shoulder blade and I clench my jaw and scream while he makes another cut.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment