276°
Posted 20 hours ago

City of Gods and Monsters (House of Devils)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

the plot of this was sort of interesting but WAY too drawn out, I found myself skimming and skimming... and skimming. yes, this book defiantly has major MAJOR Crescent City vibes, where you have a world filled with different supernatural/paranormal beings where the poor humans and half breeds are trying to survive in their day to day life without getting killed. The pace of our mcs relationship is amazing, and seems more realistic. They grow, learn, and change together throughout the whole book. This book has everything: slow burn, found family, morally grey man,witty banter, touch her you die. I really loved loren's innocence mixed with Darien's badass and soft inside out.

City of Gods and Monsters - Goodreads

For one, it's true what they say. This books is SJM's Crescent City's annoying little brother who sometimes tries to hard to be like their oldest sibling to the point of cringe-ness. so, for what this is, the story has pretty good entertainment value. even if its not the most original thing about there. When more women start disappearing, and some of them slowly turn up dead, Loren and Darien's search for answers takes them deep into Angelthene's corrupt underbelly, where they discover a dark secret that threatens to unravel their world. And when tragedy strikes, Loren learns that love can make an ordinary person do extraordinary things. One of my favorite aspects of the book was Loren getting to know the Seven Devils. I love how they slowly started accepting Loren into their circle. The found family is perfection.

KCFCC Award Winners – 1990-99". kcfcc.org. 14 December 2013. Archived from the original on 17 September 2018 . Retrieved May 15, 2021. For fans of the ACOTAR ~*~ throne scene~*~ in A Court of Mist and Fury, you will be happy to know there is a far more detailed, lengthy, spicy scene very similar in this book! Hoo boy... I died every time Darien called Loren "sweetheart" or "baby". He is so tender and sweet to her when he wants to be. He is protective and takes care of her whenever she is injured. He is just so so swoon-worthy. Award Winners". National Board of Review. Archived from the original on August 17, 2020 . Retrieved July 5, 2021.

City of Gods and Monsters - Fantastic Fiction City of Gods and Monsters - Fantastic Fiction

Please remember that the following opinions are based on the portion of book I've read before deciding to give in. If there's something I might be getting wrong, please take this into consideration and let me know how I can remediate)This book is a crossover between Crescent city (more whinier) and the Mortal instruments (more childish) and maybe even Nevernight (less badass). The pacing of this story is excellent considering how MUCH happens in this book!! It is laid out in such a way that you are never left confused and asking questions, but you are also never overwhelmed by too many storylines developing at once. Kaufman, Anthony (November 11, 1998). "From Candyman to Frankenstein, Bill Condon Talks "Gods and Monsters" ". IndieWire. Archived from the original on May 14, 2021 . Retrieved May 13, 2021.

Gods and Monsters (film) - Wikipedia Gods and Monsters (film) - Wikipedia

You could simply be nicer to her and see where it gets you. Maybe then I wouldn’t have to listen to your filthy internal brooding. The Colchian dragon in Greek mythology was a fire-breathing giant serpent that guarded the Golden Fleece. The Golden Fleece was the prize the Greek hero Jason and his crew of Argonauts were after. With the help of the witch Medea, Jason managed to overcome the guarding monster and take the Fleece. It was put to sleep by the witch and it was left alone or slain by the hero. This city was a mess, he had to admit. It was dark and dirty and riddled with sinners, but it was his city, the only land he'd ever known. On some sleepless nights, the horns of the sinners became halos, and the streets felt like paradise.”In Greek mythology, the Nemean Lion, was a lion living in the Nemean region, scattering fear in the area. The lion had very tough skin that could not be pierced by a weapon. He was also the offspring of Typhon and Echidna (or Orthrus and Chimera according to some other accounts). This beast was eventually killed by Heracles (Hercules) in his first of the twelve labors. Since then, the great hero wears the head of the lion on his head.

City of Gods and Monsters (House of Devils Book 1) Kindle Edition

Annual Film Awards (1998)". Online Film & Television Association. Archived from the original on April 20, 2020 . Retrieved May 15, 2021. Also, this felt like a big rip off of a lot of SJM scenes. People said this felt like SJM’s books but I didn’t think they meant plagiarism! Some names were even the same, some scenes and situations were a copy paste. I have a whole list, people. And it’s not like vague things either. And that just really rubbed me the wrong way.Demons - Devils - Vampires - Werewolves - Witches + other supernatural creatures (all living in a single city) Past Saturn Awards". Saturn Awards.org. Archived from the original on September 14, 2008 . Retrieved May 7, 2008. You are the kindest thing that has ever happened to me. You are…you are my home. And I think it’s safe to say that my life would be a whole lot darker without you in it. You light up my life, Loren Calla.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment