276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sunshine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My favourite quote from Grandad says it all when it comes to knowing what you need in your life when choices cross your path. There are all kinds of paranormal creatures in this world, including the vampire that Ray befriends. So, maybe some in-depth vampire lore? I like to read these day by day so I haven’t ready the whole book yet but I do feel like I will enjoy the rest of just as much. I look forward to finishing the book! I adore our little character Karis Sunshine Simpson aka Sunny. She is the protagonist of the novel and steals the show. I like how the writer depicted her centre of attention related phobias that she might do something stupid in front of the whole class and like that.

So whilst I enjoyed much of the book, I found myself falling asleep a lot because it would launch into these long stories like my 80 year old grandma does when you ask her how her day was. That being said, it didn't quite have enough scriptural references for me to call it a devotional. It felt like more of a self-help book. However, I actually think it may have worked for it. Some of the days did provide more than just the beginning Bible verse, but a lot of them were just advice. It's good advice, don't get me wrong. I just would have liked to see a bit more Scripture and focus on God. outside can make up for a rusting heart. The heart and the brain are the most precious things of all.” Review When is a sex worker not a sex worker? When is a memoir fiction? The author writes, "I just don’t want to do sex work. Strippers generally make more money than sex workers, and meaningless sex with strangers goes against my personal values. I haven’t indulged in many one-night stands; I’m not prudish, I just prefer to have a connection with an individual before the big event. It’s probably my one value that could be deemed old-fashioned, and it was fostered by my parents.It doesn’t give examples from the Bible so if you are looking for that type of devotional it probably won’t be your type of book. It has verses but it talks about the authors lives. What about the reasons behind her mother's decision to leave her father and basically go into hiding? This reminded me a lot of Moning's series, incredible created universe, first person pov from heroine who is young and not aware of her own power, plethora of characters who could be good or evil, a dark mysterious intriguing dude, and a will they or won't they. Oh, and there's Mel. Who is Mel you ask? He's our heroine's boyfriend, who is sweet, sexy, and affable. I know there is more to his story because of the clues we are given but I'll never really know, because STANDALONE. I like the relationships between the characters, and I expect that there will be more buildup in future books. I want to learn more about them. They are very different protagonists and their past is still quite hidden. There is room for more development.

Adult vampire urban fantasy. Sunshine lives in an alternate post-apocalyptic world in which Others - vampires, weres, demons and angels - are accepted and everywhere. We don't see any angels, mind you. This one's all about the horror. Sunshine herself lives an ordinary life working in her step dad's cafe, until she does something stupid and gets herself captured by the 'darkest' of the Others: vampires. Seriously messed up psychopathic supervillains. Sunshine finds out a few things about herself, and forges an alliance with somebody she shouldn't even be able to look at, let alone develop feelings for. To keep things short, I have to say that I ended up being surprisingly underwhelmed by Death In The Sunshine. I expected a new favorite, but instead sadly ended up with a dud... Repetition and bland characters don't exactly call for enticing reading, and I don't think I will be continuing the series at this point. I read a good amount of self improvement and devotional books and The Sunshine Mind: 100 Days to Finding the Hope and Joy You Want is definitely one of the better ones I've read! The book itself is bright and cheery...yellow...sunshine...joy and hope.to be fair, i did read elizabeth's review but it was ages ago, when i had no intention of ever reading this book, so i just enjoyed her writing without absorbing the details, and the book itself went "whhhooosshh" outta my brain. and mariel. well, mariel is a very special brand of reviewer, and i think she only said "vampire" one time in her very convoluted but awesome review. I should mention that this book is based on a TV movie and the journals of a real 20 year old mother who died of cancer. It would be nice to know how much of this is Klein's elaborations). Huge thanks to Tanya and Raquelle for being willing to write this bright and uplifting devotional book! Here is a useful tip, should you ever find yourself face-to-face with a vampire: they are living corpses that eat people. They are not sun-sparkling, abstinent forever-teens. Staying inside all day and being forced to personally kill all of your food doesn't bode well for your mental health (not to mention the fact that you have been alive so long, you've had to re-buy all your Beatles albums in like five different formats).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment