276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm Camping and Backpacking Sleeping Pad

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can now directly compare the R-value of mats rated using the ASTM F3340-18 with confidence that is a fair and accurate comparison between mats. In simple terms, the higher the R-value, the warmer the mat.

An important part of this Neo Air Xtherm review is to actually consider your personal needs rather than jsut the specs of the prouct. Things to consider:Boasting the most warmth per gram for an ultra lightweight mattress, the Thermarest NeoAir XTherm is trusted by mountaineers worldwide. Please note that inflatables such as sleeping mats are not considered as faulty if they become punctured during use and are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty in this event. The unrivalled Triangular Core Matrix offers the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any air sleeping pad construction. When comparing the Neoair Xlite vs Xtherm in size terms there are a few differences. The Xlite comes in Small, Regular, and Large. While the Xtherm only comes in Regular and Large. However, this actually makes sense for a winter product and you’ll more than likely want to opt for this Neoair Xtherm large if you’re cold weather camping. MAX Coverage: Rectangular shape with extra width provides added coverage and enhanced comfort at camp (XTherm NXT MAX only)

The NeoAir XLiteNXTis available in sizes:Regular Short, Regular, Regular Wide, Large, MAX Regular Wide and MAX Large Most of the time, I slept alright on the Z-lite. But my last couple weeks brought a bunch of snow. And I pushed my sleep system to its breaking point.When the ground froze, I could feel the temperature through my sleeping pad. I probably should have retired the Z-lite Sol after the Appalachian Trail but I like pushing gear to its limit. Sleeping Pad R-Value: Important things to take into consideration: Any time you’re sleeping on an inflatable air mattress, it’s really important to adjust the air volume to adapt to the expected air temperature. Meaning that when it’s cold outside, the air in your mattress will compress. And when it’s warm, it’ll inflate.The mat has an incredibly hight R-value of 7.3, this is a mat that can be used in arctic conditions, and weighs only 694 grams, truly impressive. Pros: The Xtherm has the highest R-value to weight ratio in the world. This means that you cannot find a sleeping pad that is as warm as and weighs as little as the Xtherm. Best Warmth-to-Weight Ratio Ever: Refined Triangular Core Matrix construction and ThermaCapture technology deliver a cold-conquering 7. R-Value while cutting over 2 oz (57 g) in weight from the previous model. The Thermarest NeoAir Xtherm does a terrific job of retaining heat. Pretty much all of the mainstream gear testers have showered the Xtherm with rewards for the duration of its life. Overall, reviewers have given the Xtherm a 4.7 star rating.

The fabric: While the Xlite is made out of 30D rip HT Nylon, the Xtherm is made out of 30D rip HT Nylon on the top and 70D nylon. The 70D nylon makes the difference in both weight and R-Value capacity, making the Xtherm the best 4-season sleeping pad on the market. Thermarest Xtherm Weight Efficiency: The NeoAir XTherm NXT is available in sizes:Regular, Regular Wide, Large, MAX Regular Wide and MAX Large I have accumulate several REI gift cards and thinking I’ll splurge on a nice insulated pad, regular wide. The cost between Xlite and Xtherm is so minimal, I would hate to get the Xlite and wish I had the Xtherm, where I don’t like I’d mind the extra 4 oz much.

From 2020, there is a new industry standard for measuring the R-value (level of insulation) of sleeping mats – ASTM F3340-18. This new standard is the sleeping mat equivalent to the EN rating for sleeping bags.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment