276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Curry Compendium: Misty Ricardo's Curry Kitchen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A hot, savoury, tangy, smooth, tomato-based curry that’s a firm favourite. My recipe recreates a typical Madras you would eat in a good Indian restaurant. Then add the ginger/garlic paste, stirring for about 30 seconds until it starts to brown a little. Avoid burning! With one in seven people saying they’d prefer fast food as their festive feast to the traditional turkey and trimmings, the following recipes (which can be made with any meat or vegetarian to suit your preferences), are ideal for spicing things up this year. From escaping to the Lakes and taking in the majestic mountains and a trip across Ullswater on the famous Steamers, to destination dining at one of the Michelin-starred restaurants in the North, it’s time to regain our senses; smell freedom in the air and taste good food and drink once more. Everything is explained what is best for what dish you are creating. A great guide to recreating British Indian Restaurant favourites from the comfort of your own home! and you can recreate superb British Indian Restaurant food at home with the works of Misty Ricardo's Curry Kitchen"

Most of the recipes featured in the book are for generous single size Indian takeaway servings (unless stated otherwise) as this is the best way to bring out all of the flavours, especially when cooking in a home kitchen. As a lot of people will also be cooking for other family members or friends at the same time and won’t want to cook several individual potions there are instructions on how to make larger portions correctly (scaling up), not just multiplying the ingredients by number of people. Add the prawns (defrosted if from frozen) and the fresh coriander. Mix will into the curry and cook for a further couple of minutes, or until they are fully cooked through.Share 0 One in seven people prefer fast food as their festive feast versus the traditional roast – but would you opt for a curry banquet with your family? Here, Richard Sayce, author of Curry Compendium gives us alternative recipes for the big day. My teenage son was very impressed by the layout of the recipes, and by the addition of the QR codes, which allow you to watch YouTube videos for many of the recipes before you start to cook. I would highly advise reading the beginning of this book before diving straight into the individual recipes. I learnt a lot about base gravy and other things by doing so which I think made cooking the recipes easier and gave me some context as to why I was doing what I was doing. It’s also really interesting.

Now add a third 75ml of base sauce and the fresh tomato quarters. Stir and scrape once again, then leave to cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.To mouth-watering side dishes Saag Aloo, Panaar, Aloo Gobi to Pilau Rice, Lemon rice, Naan breads and how to make lovely onion salad and mint sauce to go with your meal. Fry for 20-30 seconds, stirring frequently with the flat of the spoon, ensuring flat distribution of the spices in the pan.

WoW..............This new Book "Curry Compendium" by Richard Sayce was a breath of fresh air........ Everyone I know Loves a good take away curry whether it's a meat, fish or vegetable curry. So, this book was a great find for me especially as I love to learn how to cook a good curry from scratch - Plus, to know what ingredient that has been added and how it was prepared and cooked.

The book is both informative and inspirational. I enjoyed the author’s own recollections of his first encounters with Indian food (similar to my own and many others I am sure) and how he overcome his own reticence to cook such delicious dishes that comprise the British Indian Restaurant style which the book focuses on. The QR coding is a wonderful idea and how better to follow a chef in your own kitchen on YouTube, pause, rewind at your own leisure. Overall, if you love a curry and would love to recreate the taste of a takeaway or restaurant meal then Richard Sayce’s (aka Misty Ricardo) Curry Compendium is definitely the recipe book to own. It is simple and straightforward to read and understand, without being pretentious, and explains all the steps in detail as well as the reasons why things need to be done a certain way.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment