276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Greta and the Giants: inspired by Greta Thunberg's stand to save the world: 1

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is a story of how one person can help create change, and working together for the benefit of everyone.

Greta and the Giants is an endearing picture book inspired by the environmental activist Greta Thunberg. Answer questions such as 'What is global warming?' and 'What is Greta's family like?' These KS1 Greta Thunberg differentiated reading questions are designed to inspire students' ideas and thoughts on an important topic. This comprehension is differentiated on 3 levels and covers the reading domains for key stage 1. Who is Greta Thunberg? We have created a few different resources which help your class: identify speech, add in inverted commas and try to remember who was speaking when quotes are given. We have differentiated this resource seven ways to focus on identifying where one sentence ends and another begins, right down to capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, for names, and full stop at the end.Greta Thunberg is a fearless advocate of our times and this gorgeous picture book will inspire children across the world to look at climate change and her story, and also imagine, that they too can make a change. This picture book gives us hope.

In allegorical tribute to teen eco-activist Greta Thunberg, a child saves a forest from heedless pillagers. What a beautifully written and illustrated book! Above all, the message that emanates serves such a purpose in today's world and is conveyed so well for younger readers. I enjoyed this book for many reasons, I liked how it took the seriousness of the climate change issue and presented it in a way that even my 3 year old can receive the message. The illustrations were beautiful and we enjoyed looking at all the details. I also appreciated that there was no hate or anger in the book but utilized words such as sadness. This way my child and others won’t feel the powerful negativity of the situation at first but can slowly be introduced to the issues and not overwhelmed. Greta and all of the worlds climate activists are amazing and instill so much hope for my children’s futures. This story is inspired by the young climate change activist, Greta Thunberg. It is a powerful story that resonates with the current challenges facing the planet. Although this story has a happy ending, the notes at the end of the book explain to readers that Greta in the real world needs your help. It gives examples of things children (and adults) can do to help make a difference.The storytelling here is quite good, given the audience. Greta and the Giants introduces young readers to the concepts of activism, conservation, and climate change action in an easily digestible fashion. The story, while not too complex gets its point across quite succinctly. As Greta was in the forest, animals came to her asking for help. The Giants were greedy and destroying the forest to create towns, cities, and factories. The animals were too scared to speak to them! The animals went to Greta and asked her to help. Greta made a sign that said "stop". The giants continued to pass by not noticing Greta, but then others joined her with their own signs. The crowd eventually got bigger and bigger, and the giants noticed. A beautiful book that communicates Greta's message in a way children easily understand. The illustrations in the book are gorgeous, with lots of details that my class really enjoyed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment