276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Melissa & Doug Locks & Latches Board Wooden Educational Toy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He was willing to show me how what was hiding behind each door and how all the doors unlatched and opened when asked.

The board can be used in numerous ways, as far as colors, shapes, numbers, animals, offering much more value than just the latches, My daughter said. Then I just flicked on my table saw and made one quick cut down a line I made once we determined the desired size.It’s a great way to build fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination while learning colors, numbers, animals, and more!

My twin grandsons are almost 2 and they love puzzles - one is especially geared to figuring out how things work and he absolutely loves this puzzle with all it's different latches. We decided to ditch two small ones and get one bigger one, which we hadn’t picked up yet (time crunch = my middle name). Materials are of the highest quality and are exactly like latches they will work with throughout their lives. Okay, he wasn't real interested in it, might have been because he also had the poke-a-dot [book] which he loved. She has fun figuring our how to get the doors open and she loves finding the cute animal characters behind the doors.His parents thought it was great and were just recently talking about how they could make something like this for him to start learning. Undo a lock or latch, swing open the numbered door or window, and count on finding fun when the animal picture beneath is revealed. My 14 month old granddaughter started manipulating the latches the minute she saw them, even though she is quite a bit younger than the recommended age of 3+.

We also liked that it would look sort of weathered and authentic that way, like the top of our console table, thanks to using the same method.

I cannot say enough how much I love the example that you’re setting on the Internet of reading and playing/interacting with your child! I haven’t seen these anywhere so thanks for sharing; I guess I should crawl out from under my rock more often. When children play with this learning board, they will improve their grasping skills, hand-eye coordination, and more.

Some of the latches are pretty challenging for her, so I know it will keep her busy for a while (as she gets older). I was worried that the latches would be easy to tear off the board with a son that is very strong for his age. Personalised advertising may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of information under California and other state privacy laws, and you may have a right to opt out. Turning off the personalised advertising setting won’t stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. We represent the views and experiences of practitioners and champion their vital role in helping prepare children for a bright future.Remote fine motor and memory skills with this intriguing board containing the locks and latches of all shapes and sizes. I got it for my 11-month old because she showed so much interest in the latches holding curtain rods for the windows by my front door. It is important not to leave the board face up on the floor so no one accidentally steps on it with bare feet. Our daughter absolutely loves opening and closing some of the latches on the Melissa and Doug puzzle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment