276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beyond Supervet: How Animals Make Us The Best We Can Be: The New Number 1 Sunday Times Bestseller

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I chose Animals Make Us Human because I love animals and Temple Grandin is an inspiration to me. Temple Grandin is inspiring because she accomplished a lot even though she has autism and she changed slaughterhouses with her inventions. I thought the book was just like I hoped it was going to be, Temple explained in every chapter what animals need and how they should be treated. Temple wrote in her book how she went to the slaughterhouses and trained the people to handle the animals better with her inventions. She also wrote about what she went through to get the people to listen to her and let her install her inventions in their slaughterhouses. I really enjoyed the book because is was good and I liked how Temple wrote about the tests she did with the animals to prove to people that she was right. I think Temple Grandin is an amazing women and that her inventions should be used for a lot of years to come, she’s a hero to me. He then opened up about the most personal chapter in his book called 'Openness'. He said: "I sustained prolonged sexual abuse as a child and I had been running from that all my life and I had met a few other similar people in that situation."

All throughout the book I thought that it was written quite well, she made it so if you closed your eyes you could picture what she is seeing. Temple had really good detail about what she went through when she wanted to install her inventions. In her book she talks about how she proved a lot of people wrong, especially with her pig experiments. I also liked how she talked about how she had to teach the people to handle the animals and what she had to do to get them to handle they better. When she added detail about her pig I think it made it better because it had more detail and it was more relatable. When she had to teach people how to handle animals better she had to threaten people sometimes because they didn’t believe that her methods worked. These parts made the book better because it added more detail to the book and it was more relatable because you could picture whatOnce the habitat is in place, lizards are easy to care for and have a fun personality, making them a good choice as small pets for children. As with any small pet, supervise your child around the lizard until you are confident in their ability to properly handle and care for the pet. #8: Birds The love language of the parakeet is regurgitation. Besides there being no pictures in the book I thought it was a very well written book and Temple did a very good job on writing the book. I like how she included information about her autism, how it affects her everyday and she struggles. I also thought how she explained how she taught the people at the slaughterhouses was good, she taught them how to treat and handle animals better. When she had trouble with people not listing she would threaten them sometimes and they would listen. I thought the pace of the book was awesome, it wasn’t too slow or too fast, it was just the right pace for me. I also liked hw in each chapter she talked about different animals, what their needs are, and how them should be treated. The pace made the book better because it was not fast or slow, it was the way I like a book to be. The chapters also made the book better because they were all about different animals so it changed from chapter to chapter. As a whole I thought these 2 parts made the book a whole lot better and I enjoyed it a lot. This is the thesis of the book) Everyone who is responsible for animals (note by me: the human great ape very much included) - farmers, ranchers, zookeepers, and pet owners - needs a set of simple, reliable guidelines for creating good mental welfare that can be applied to any animal in any situation, and the best guidelines we have are the core emotion systems in the brain. The rule is simple: Don't stimulate RAGE, FEAR, and PANIC if you can help it, and do stimulate SEEKING and also PLAY. Provide environments that will keep the animal occupied and prevent the development of stereotypies (note by me: repetitive, pointless behavior that the animal engages in for hours every day). In the rest of the book I'm going to tell you what I know about how you can do that. Dogs are more high maintenance than many other types of pets. Even a dog that does well when left alone for long periods will need regular exercise and a chance to use the bathroom outside. Many dogs, however, need more than this minimal attention. Dogs that are left alone for extended periods or that don’t get sufficient exercise can become anxious, which often leads to destructive behavior.

Mainly because I felt it gave me more insight into more animals than only cows - though the information provided regarding the raising, housing, and slaughtering of our country's beef was eye-opening and something really everyone should know. Even though I loved the book I will say there was some parts I didn’t lie so much. I liked the way Temple wrote the book but I wish there was pictures in the book. If she put pictures in the book it would let people see what she saw and what she did to help animals at slaughter. When she writes in her book about how dirty the slaughterhouses were, she could have put in some pictures so people could see just how dirty they were. The book was still interesting without the pictures but I think it would have helped people see what slaughterhouses were really like before Temple changed them. The way she wrote the book made it so you could picture what was going on, so she really didn’t need to put pictures in. Even though she didn’t add pictures I still liked the way she ended the book by concluding her information about animals and how she changed how people treat animals.

At the library

From 1st July 2021, VAT will be applicable to those EU countries where VAT is applied to books - this additional charge will be collected by Fed Ex (or the Royal Mail) at the time of delivery. Shipments to the USA & Canada: Birds make fun and very good pets for folks who aren’t looking for cuddling. Depending on the type of bird you select, you can enjoy them for their sweet voice, beautiful plumage, or colorful personality. Birds are a great choice for someone looking for low-maintenance companionship. Birds are one of the best pets to have on this list.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment