276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Me vs Brain: An Overthinker’s Guide to Life – the instant Sunday Times bestseller!

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To me, this means things like lying in bed of a night time replaying the day’s events or more worryingly running through scenarios in your head of things that most likely will never happen. Or you might know me as the Brain Girl, and don’t be fooled…it’s not because I’m outrageously smart. It’s frustrating to live like this sometimes but this book makes you feel like you’re not alone, or weird, your brain just wants to protect you from every possible threat!

narfna on “What the stories never said: at the end of the day, if a man wants to kill you, he kills you. Now, I’m not going to dispute that the book is funny but I’m also not going to say that this book is about overthinking as it isn’t about overthinking in the way the dictionary states overthinking is – ‘think about (something) too much or for too long’. I used to assume I was a little freak because I was always up to really weird things - conversations with myself, routines, rituals and games - that no one else seemed to do.Hayley explores her relationship with her Brain, anxiety and how to navigate the world of fart etiquette, identity, therapy and much more. Als iemand met hersenen die ook alles overdenken en niet stil staan was dit echt een super boek om te lezen! Irgendwie bin ich auch davon ausgegangen, dass Hayley Morrison ein paar Ideen mitgibt, um "Hirn" leiser zu schalten o. Kui koroona mööda maad ringi uitas, siis hakkas Morris mingi hetk lühivideosid tegema ning sai kiirelt populaarseks, praeguseks on tal Youtubes üle miljoni tellija (eks ta on mujal sotsiaalmeediplatvormides ka).

Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Kogu kõvakaanevaheline temaatika on vahel õudselt piinlik või siis väga meeldivalt elulik, oleneb vaatenurgast. Thank you so much for the best book I have read in a long time and I hope that if you read this that you are proud of yourself.

Request Rejected This page is unavailable due to either geographic restrictions or other restrictions in place at this time.

Kuna sarnasel puhul ühe teise juutuuberi raamat (Kristina Kuzmic "Hold On, But Don't Hold Still: Hope and Humor from My Seriously Flawed Life") oli väga lahe, siis mõtlesin, et proovin järgi. One day, probably around year ago, scrolling through the Instagram, I stumbled upon funny clip about woman's inner organ argument about a guy who owner of these organs has just met. The message that stuck the most from these chapters was the idea that everything will work out and you have to go through the failures and roller coaster of emotions to find the right thing that makes you happy. Das kann ich überhaupt nicht nachvollziehen, denn ich als Overthinkerin wäre total gestresst davon, ständig fürchten zu müssen, bei einer meiner Lügen ertappt zu werden. But then I quickly checked if there was an audio version read by her, as knowing what her Tik Tok style is, I knew that would be the way to go.I have been a fan of Hayley’s videos for a while and discovered her less-serious approach to creating content unique from other creators.

However, the more this book went on, the more it felt so over the top and made topics that should be really important, feel really trivialised. A refreshing take on some of life’s more serious matters mixed in with the inevitable (and often hilarious) pitfalls of growing up. The theme of anxiety is discussed in a personal, introspective way that helps the reader connect with Hayley and emulates fears, vulnerabilities and thoughts that are seen as taboo. An insightful, intimate account of modern life that is a joy to read, with shades of Dolly Alderton's Everything I Know About Love. Also, the audio quality for the 'voices' of various body parts was really bad, and really 'tinny' - not what I would expect from an audio book.As someone who is entertained by ‘toilet’ humour, the use of poop and fart jokes was light-relief from the darker and emotive stories.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment