276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blowing Up Russia

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Why do the Yankees always win? The other team can't stop looking at the pinstripes." Frank Abagnale.

On September 10, 1999, the Moscow and Moscow regional FSB headquarters officially revealed that the house on Guryanov Street was blown up with a disruptive explosive consisting of a mix of hexogen and TNT with a mass of about 350 kilograms in TNT equivalent. at the forthcoming presidential elections in 2000. The “honor” of provoking a war with Chechnya fell to the new director of the FSB, Colonel-General Patrushev. We managed to bring into Russia the book about the criminal gang from Lubyanka. It was printed by a Latvian publisher. We imported it completely legally, with customs inspection and following all necessary procedures. The only unusual thing about that operation was that we never talked about it aloud. I only used the phone with an anonymous SIM card that I bought specially for that occasion. And I never used it in a room that could be wiretapped by the FSB. It was not just legal, but also successful.That's how journalist Sergei Kanayev recalls the explosion of the apartment building on Guryanov Street in Moscow early in the morning on September 9, 1999. On August 31, 1999, there was an explosion in the Okhotny Ryad shopping mall under Manezh Square in Moscow; on September 21, an apartment building on Kashirskoye Shosse was blown up; on September 16, a building in Volgodonsk. I'll just focus on one point, which Litvinenko and other investigators missed, and it's important. The explosives used to blow up the houses on Kashirskoye Shosse and Guryanov Street were not pure hexogen, but a mix of hexogen and TNT. Pure hexogen is too dangerous to transport because it can explode. That's why it is usually mixed with TNT. On December 29, 2003, Russian Interior Ministry and FSB units seized 4,376 copies of the book intended for Alexander Podrabinek's Prima news agency. [13] FSB lieutenant Alexander Soima said that the book was confiscated as a material evidence in the criminal case No 218 initiated in June 2003 for disclosing state secrets. [14] Podrabinek was summoned by the FSB on January 28, 2004. He refused to answer the questions. [15] [16] [17] [18] [19]

Plenketh, Anne (19 February 2007). "Blowing Up Russia, by Alexander Litvinenko & Yuri Felshtinsky". The Independent. London . Retrieved 2009-04-10. [ dead link] Russia is loosing its influence. Their military was believed to be great, but it was not. Under the most conservative estimates, they lost so far 75,000 people which is incredibly high for only a few months of war. They had to deploy Wagner Group to the front line and those are taking in many casualties too, which will translate in less Wagners in Africa, propping up dictatorships there. Also, countries such as India decided to cancel some of their contracts for weapons supply as they saw that these are not as good as they were advertised. Of course. I'll definitely tell the press about the contents of this interrogation, and I might even do it today, if there's enough time,' I said, looking at my watch. Alexander Goldfarb said the book "would haunt Putin the way the image of the killed Tsarevich haunted Boris Godunov." [20] According to Oleg Gordievsky, "For clues as to who wanted Alexander Litvinenko dead, you need look no farther than his book Blowing Up Russia" [28] Sunday Times described the book as "A vivid condemnation of the Putin regime". [29] In a review for The Independent, Anne Penketh said that the book is "a densely written text" and "(f)or those seeking a reason for the killing of Litvinenko, this book contains the possible motive, although it does not mention the role of Berezovsky — sworn enemy of Putin — in bringing it out in the first place." [30] Historian Robert Service for The Guardian: "In 2002 their [Litvinenko and Yuri Felshtinsky] jointly written book failed to appeal to established publishers in the west. It has taken Litvinenko's murder for the book to appear in this updated edition ... as vivid a condemnation of the Putin regime as has yet been written.". [31]Russia: Lebed Dies in Helicopter Crash". Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. 9 April 2008. Archived from the original on 2022-03-26 . Retrieved 2022-04-03. Chapter 9: The FSB organizes contract killings: From 1993, Lazovsky’s brigade included the Uzbek Quartet. All four of the group were Russians who had been born in Uzbekistan. They were also former special operations In response to FSB's banning their books, the authors granted the right to print and distribute the books in Russia to "anybody who wishes to do so" free of charge. [20]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment