276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NETGEAR Nighthawk Wifi 6 Router (RAX200) | AX11000 Tri-Band Wireless Speed (Up to 10.8 Gbps) | PS5 Gaming Router Compatible

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The router had stellar coverage to make a cup for that, and I'm talking about the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands here. Like other vendors, Netgear calls this setup a 12-stream router, which is not the same thing -- a Wi-Fi device only connects using a single band at a time) If it wasn't for the price, the Netgear Orbi Quad-Band WiFi 6E would be higher up our list. But, if you can afford it, this is certainly one of the most powerful Wi-Fi 6 routers on the market today. Thanks to the 2.5Gbps port, the Netgear RAXE500 proved an excellent mini NAS server when hosted a storage device.

Even the most powerful router only has a circular 20-metre (diameter) inside home coverage area for 5GHz and 30 metres for 2.4GHz. You can get longer distances in uninterrupted line-of-sight. Or add an extender or mesh satellite. With the standard WAN port used, there are four Gigabit Ethernet ports plus the 2.5G port for wired devices, which should prove sufficient for most people. You also get two USB3 ports on the rear for the fast sharing of storage, if you like to use your router for this kind of thing. The Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 is set up and configured using the Nighthawk mobile app. It takes you through initial configuration and setting up a secure wireless network. When configuring your wireless network, you have the choice of using the networks separately or combining them using Smart Connect. With the latter, the router chooses which band incoming devices should connect to automatically. Happily, the RAXE500 has a switch for turning off the dozen LEDs that light up when the router is operating, although this can also be done in the router’s software. There are activity lights for power, Internet and its three data bands as well as its wired Ethernet ports and the two USB connections. Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 review: Performance Operating over 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, Wi-Fi 6 delivers a faster connection and much better performance than its predecessor. Upgrading to a Wi-Fi 6 router, therefore, will give your network a significant boost.

Can't find what you're looking for?

The router's range is impressive, ensuring consistent signal strength throughout my home, even in larger spaces or multiple floors. As the second Wi-Fi 6E broadcaster on the market, the much anticipated Netgear RAXE500 Nighthawk 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router is the presumed rival of the Asus GT-AXE11000 that arrived earlier this year. We have likened the Netgear Nighthawk the Flying Nun – Sally Fields and Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle. The Wings contain some of the antennae and fold ‘up’ to function. As if to make up for the 6GHz band's short range, the Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 excelled on the 5GHz, again topping the chart with more than 1500Mbps of sustained speed at a close range of 10 feet (3m). I used a 2x2 160MHz Wi-Fi 6 client for this test.

viene evidenziato poco che l'attivazione di Armor deve avvenire con il setup via apk e non dalla console: In se è un apparato decisamente performante e soprattutto flessibile e si può gestire in remoto in sicurezza ed attivare anche la condivisione in remoto di un eventuale disco collegato alla porta USB3. L'attivazione del servizio DDNS è veloce e semplice. Ho attivato il mio servizio VPN usando il servizio Netgear by NO-IP e il file di configurazione scaricato dal router è perfetto, basta seguire le indicazioni e in 10 minuti mettete in piedi una vostra VPN al pari delle aziendali. At 45 feet (14 m) away, within line of sight, the 5GHz band has a full bar and a negotiated speed of 2.4Gbps. The 6GHz now lost a bar and connected at 816Mbps. These Mbps numbers fluctuated and weren't accurately indicative of real-world speeds, but they showed the two bands' signal powers over range. Here's another picture of the two phones, still at 45 feet away, showing the signal bars of the two bands. I have a generic question to the build system from OpenWrt. As you wrote there is no FOSS support for this device. I don't need FOSS support. I published this review before that time. Consequently, while the hands-on experience remains largely relevant, the rating or recommendation might no longer fully apply.Indeed, this top-of-the-line home networking device has an extra 5GHz band but less raw power and a slower wired connection. Also, you’ll only see its real benefits if most (or all) of your clients — and you need to have many of them — support Wi-Fi 6. So, the RAX200 is ahead of its time by a year or two. If Netgear was aiming to show how powerful its router was through design, then it nailed it for the RAX200. As with other products in the range, this model looks more like a stealth bomber than a traditional router.

I tested it with the last SanDisk Extreme Pro and got the type of performance that was totally fast enough for a viable network storage device. Netgear RAXE500's network-attached storage performance.

The Netgear RAXE500 Nighthawk AXE11000's ports. Note the 2.5bps LAN/WAN port and the ability for both WAN and LAN link aggregation.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment