276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tobacco Reserve by Aramis Eau de Parfum Spray 110ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Aramis Special Bendis a luxury scent consisting of boozy/woody/musky notes that is undeniably extravagant and rather Clive Christian-esque in its delivery. Aramis JHL opens with a refreshing burst of citrus and fresh aldehydes that can catch you by surprise. Spicy-sweet cinnamon is the most prominent heart note. It is soon joined by a floral trio of soft carnation, rose and exotic ylang-ylang. At this point, I am really reminded of my late grandmothers garden where geranium always bloomed to beautifully. Upon dry-down, oakmoss appears first, yet is soon overtaken by a quality leather note that is both classy and refined.

In 2019, Estee Lauder let go of Tory Burch, which has been taken by Shiseido, and closed its Becca and Rodin Olio Lusso brands. As for when to wear, Aramis Modern Leatheris a perfect day or night frag for spring and autumn when the weather is temperate rather than too hot or too cold. Can be worn as a casual scent or more formal.

Opening with a blast of green notes, coriander, citrus and rosewood, you could be fooled into thinking that’s it. Patience is needed for this beauty to fully reveal itself. And so, increasingly fighting his nervousness with rum, he hoped to get through the days before arriving at Point Comfort. For one thing was certain: he would not dabble in honest trade any time soon. It was just far too risky...

Finished in a dark glossy colour, the square design bottle storing this exotic, warming liquid, represents clean and crisp lines. Aramis 900 Eau de Cologneis a real blast from the past. Released in 1973, it’s incredibly masculine yet refined enough to not feel overly Anchorman. Leaning heavily on the florals with a liberal splash of civet and oakmoss, you know you are in for a wild ride.

Reviews

Aramis Voyageris a modern male fragrance that emits a JPG Le Malevibe. Lavender is sprinkled with a multitude of spices and then bathed in the creamy vanilla scent of tonka bean for a sexy masculine scent. Well, I don't know. I think I only bought it because it's pretty unique for me and a "real" Aramis. So, out of decency, somehow. I also take was not really masculine, but to women it does not fit either (except see later in the text). From the level and the speciality (not from the smell!) it should be possible to position it next to the Aramis (Classic) (unfortunately I can't find anything about first scent impressions from 1964). I had read in another commentator once, "it is not a scent but a smell". That's the way I'd see it here. The or a peculiarity, something long and sensational both have as characteristic. But I can't spontaneously think of the occasion for which I should wear it - except to go to church or as an altar boy. The fragrance could fit to the "Allvater" because of the sacral opulence (who knows the series "The Preacher"...). No kidding aside. Probably it comes across well on a lonely forest walk in autumn or winter (no matter region, the main thing is lonely). I once had an office colleague from the gothic scene. A very sweet and nice one (she had such small, sweet coffins in her potted flowers...). She always wore an extreme sweet Patchouli incense stuff unknown to me (was probably a self-creation). I think she'd like the scent. At the moment, however, I remain on the usage route. The bottle itself remains pretty much untouched from the 1960s. It’s manly, weighty, straight-lined bottle emits the golden glow of the fragrance lurking inside. Completed with a gold cap.

Performance is excellent as Aramis by Aramis is really long-lasting with strong sillage and projection. Longevity is 7+ hours, longer on clothing. Upon dry-down, a sensual base of rich, spicy (and slightly fruity) cashmeran becomes the star of the show, with cedar and warm amber close behind producing a rather luxurious finish. Although tonka bean is listed, I did not personally detect any. Performance is excellent and lasts 6+ hours with good sillage and projection. Perfectly balanced, not a room clearer but undoubtedly present. Lasts incredibly well on clothing. A blooming heart of rose, carnation and slightly bitter geranium effortlessly cast their magic. Upon dry-down, the animalic note of civet combines with oakmoss and a touch of patchouli to complete this sophisticated male scent. Of course, Spicebomb is mainstream and is heavily pushed by many (including Pirouette Man) on YouTube and Insta, etc., but the scent is just too sweet and can be described as a cinnamon-vanilla bomb. Aramis goes a different way here and creates a winter scent that is much more classy than Spicebomb extreme. Also for younger people I can only recommend this fragrance.So on the passage to Point Comfort, the crew was in high spirits, while their captain grew more nervous by the day. The crew blamed it on possible discovery by the British. No wonder, they couldn't even have put up a proper fight, the gun barrels were stuffed with tobacco and they wouldn't have found the powder among all the cargo. But that was not the reason.

Presented in a straight-lined bottle with a gun-metal grey cap and complementing grey coloured label with white surround. The fragrance itself emits a golden glow. Presented in true Aramis style with its elegant straight-lined bottle with gold cap and brown leather coloured label with gold edging. This is not a smoky scent. Tobacco doesn't burn here. No, Tobacco Reserve gives the aroma of the wrapper of a freshly made cigar. I really like him that far, too. Tonka bean from the base rises after 30 minutes or so to provide a smooth but slightly dirty almond/vanilla note. Very suave smelling.

Performance is not the best on this list, longevity is 3-4 hours with moderate sillage and projection. Could certainly make a decent office scent or discreet but classy daywear fragrance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment