276°
Posted 20 hours ago

e.l.f. Power Grip Primer + 4% Niacinamide, Gel-Based & Hydrating Face Primer, Evens Skin & Brightens, Grips Makeup, Vegan & Cruelty-Free, 0.811 Fl Oz

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Your makeup? It’s not going anywhere. This gel-based face primer has the power to grip your makeup while giving skin a soft-focus effect for a smoother complexion. Infused with powerhouse ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, this makeup primer moisturises, preps, and smoothes to perfection, improving the look and feel of your skin. The formula goes on clear, making it the ideal makeup application base for all skin types and skin tones.

e.l.f. clean means we go above and beyond EU Cosmetic Regulation and FDA requirements by voluntarily removing more than the required 1,600 ingredients. Firstly, the inclusion of 4% niacinamide is a game-changer. Niacinamide is known for its skincare benefits, and having it in a primer is a smart move. It helps control excess oil, minimizes the appearance of pores, and leaves my skin looking smoother and more even-toned.

Pharmacy product

Much like my remarks in my elf Power Grip Primer review, I find that the Niacinamide version on oily skin does allow oils through in the t-zone. This primer does not necessarily extend wear time. If you wear it with a foundation that does not hold up the best, it will not improve it. Wearing it with a decent foundation yields suitable results. Normal wear and tear is present after a full day of wear, making this primer perfectly good for daily use. If you are interested in the brand’s other primers and finding one for your skin type, I have tested them all out in my blog post on the best elf primer for combination skin. Gripping Primer Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs: The difference comes in the key ingredients and what skin concern you are trying to target. The original Power Grip Primer has hyaluronic acid, which is for hydrating the skin. Where as Power Grip Primer + 4% Niaciamide has niacinamide to even out skin tone and to reduce dullness. For more details, I have a complete elf Power Grip Primer + 4% Niacinamide review. We have better news regarding the three magic abilities of vitamin C: there is in-vivo (tested on real people) data showing that SAP does have photo-protective (aka antioxidant) properties, though less than pure AA. SAP might also aid collagen boosting;in-vitro (made in the lab) data shows that it works, but is less effective than another vitamin C derivative, called MAP (that seems to be as effective as pure AA). As for skin-brightening, there is a trade publication with in-vivo data showing that SAP can fade brown spots. Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, Polysorbate 80, Niacinamide, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Melissa Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium AscorbylPhosphate, Menthol, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, PEG-240/HDI Copolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Trideceth-9, 1,2-HexanediolMay Contain:Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) I recently tried the E.L.F. Power Grip Primer with 4% niacinamide, and it’s exceeded my expectations!

The usage directions are the same for both primers. You are to use your fingers to evenly spread the product over the skin, then pat it in. The heat of your fingers will help. Allow them to dry for 30 seconds before applying makeup. elf Power Grip Primer vs. Niacinamide Review One of the standout features of this primer is its "Power Grip" technology. It truly lives up to its name. My makeup stays in place, even in hot and humid weather. I don't have to worry about my foundation sliding off or my eyeshadow creasing. All e.l.f. products are free from phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone. Source: The NPD Group/U.S. Prestige Beauty Total Measured Market, Face Primer Product Sales, 12 months ending December 2022 and Nielsen U.S. xAOC, Cosmetics Category, Face Makeup Segment, Primer Type, L52 weeks ending 12.31.22 What it is: A travel-friendly sized gel-based, hydrating face primer that smoothes skin while gripping your makeup.

Latest Lipgloss Reviews

All e.l.f. products are free from phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone. All skincare is also free from sulfates. SAP (the vit C derivative, not the enterprise software, obvs) is a promising derivative that has great stability up to pH 7. The challenge with it thoughis skin penetration. Unfortunately, it seems to be limited, or to quote a great article from theJournal of Cosmetic Dermatology "topically applied ascorbyl phosphate salts are, at very best, poorly absorbed in comparison with AA". Regarding conversion to AA, there seems to be no data about it, so we can neither deny nor confirm it. water (aqua),butylene glycol,glycerin,niacinamide,peg-150 distearate,polysorbate 80,tocopherol,hylocereus undatus fruit extract,sodium hyaluronate,peg-240/hdi copolymer bis-decyltetradeceth-20 ether,potassium laurate,1,2 hexanediol,hydroxyacetophenone,disodium edta,pentylene glycol,phenoxyethanol,ethylhexylglycerin,caprylyl glycol Neither elf primer is better. They both apply, wear, and perform the same. The difference comes down to the key ingredients in terms of what benefits you are seeking. Does elf Power Grip Primer fill pores?

Another thing SAP might be able to do is to help with acne. A 2005 study showed in vitro (in test tubes) that 1% SAP has a strong antimicrobial activity on evil acne causing P. acnes and it also showed in vivo (on real people) that 5% SAP can strongly improvethe inflammatory and non-inflammatory lesions of acne vulgaris. In fact, the results were comparable or even slightly better than with 5% benzoyl peroxide. And there is even more regarding SAP and acne. A nice double-blind study from 2009 showed that 5% SAP reduced the inflammatory lesions by 20.14% and 48.82% within 4 and 8 weeks respectively and when combined with 0.2% retinol the results were even better. With this combination treatment, the improvement was 29.28% after 4 weeks and 63.10% after 8 weeks of application. Apply gripping primer evenly to face before makeup using your fingertips to pat into the skin. The warmth of your fingers will help the product melt into skin for even application. The future of your skin is looking bright. e.l.f. Cosmetics’ Power Grip Primer + 4% Niacinamide gives you a glowing, even complexion while gripping your makeup. This gel-based face primer has the power to prep and prime your face for the perfect makeup application while smoothing skin and brightening the look of dullness. The formula goes on clear, making it the ideal makeup application base for all skin tones.In terms of affordability, E.L.F. has always been known for its budget-friendly options, and this primer is no exception. It provides high-quality results without breaking the bank. The difference between the Power Grip Primer and Niacinamide is that the original Power Grip contains hylauronic acid to hydrate the skin, where as Niacinamide, by the name, contains 4% Niacinamide to even skin tone and reduce dullness. Which elf primer grip is better? I am ending with some frequently asked questions about this primer comparison: What is the difference between the Power Grip Primer and Niacinamide? Your makeup? It’s not going anywhere. Prep skin with this gel-based face primer that has the power to grip your makeup while giving skin a soft-focus effect for a smoother complexion. Infused with powerhouse ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, this makeup primer moisturizes, preps, and smoothes to perfection, improving the look and feel of your skin. The formula goes on clear, making it the ideal makeup application base for all skin types and skin tones. The texture of this primer is impressive. It's lightweight and blends effortlessly into the skin, creating a smooth canvas for makeup application. I noticed that my foundation goes on more evenly, and it helps my makeup last throughout the day.

Last is my elf Power Grip Primer vs. Niacinamide review. I find that they apply, wear, and perform virtually the same. It is hard to say if the niacinamide version is really doing anything, because it would require daily continuous use to see a benefit with your skin’s tone. Both seem to hydrate pretty well, despite the original being formulated to hydrate. Now I am going to answer some frequently asked questions about this gripping primer with skincare benefits: What is the difference between elf Power Grip and Niacinamide? elf Power Grip Primer with Niacinamide is designed for wear on all skin types, including oily skin. It will allow oils through as it will not stop oil production or make it worse. Is the elf Power Grip Primer with Niacinamide non-comedogenic?

Will you be claiming the VAT back?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment