276°
Posted 20 hours ago

11 Pcs Christmas Gnome Patterns for Sewing Basic Gnome Patterns Sewing Ruler Template Acrylic Quilting Ruler Template Non Slip Template for Christmas Gnome DIY Making Template Supplies

£9.83£19.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Scissors: A pair of sharp scissors will be handy for cutting yarn, trimming threads, and shaping the gnome’s beard. Because he was just SO EPIC, I made some unique boots just for him. I’ll share that tutorial separately, because it’s a bigger commitment to make boots for gnomes and I’ll get those all out soon. Using a slightly smaller hook than you’d usually use is a good way to create neat, tight stitches. Trust me, you don’t want your polyfill escaping. Stuff your gnome as you go.

Cotton and acrylic yarn are both excellent choices for making amigurumi gnomes. Cotton yarn is durable, has great stitch definition, and holds its shape well. Acrylic yarn is another good, affordable option that’s available in many different colors. Third, you need the hats! Traditionally, gnome hats are bright red, but you can use another bright color. I’ve made my DIY gnome hats from red felt that I cut on my Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker (yes, you can cut felt on either, and I’ll show you how in this tutorial). I made five different hat styles to give my gnomes a little more personality. You can keep your hats plain, or add decorations like hearts, snowflakes, or birds with iron-on vinyl … I even made some little gnome puns to put on hats, like “Gnome Sweet Gnome” and “I Love You Gnome Matter What.” The fun of it is you get to decorate your gnome hats however you wish! Turn all your pieces right side out and press. For the legs, because they were so thin, we used a safety pin to turn them because we didn’t have a Loop Turning Tool. Generally, I end up making my gnome noses from whatever is on hand. For this gnome project, I made gnome noses and hands from polymer clay but also use wood beads or rounds a lot.Fold down and use hot glue to secure the top 1/4-1/2 inch (fur pile pointed down) to create a tailored look to the top of the beard. Filling: To stuff the gnome’s body and hat, you’ll need filling material. Polyester fiberfill is commonly used for amigurumi projects like crochet gnomes. It provides a soft and pliable texture, giving your gnome a nice shape. Be sure to read through your pattern to get a good understanding of the stitches and techniques required before you get started. If you’re not sure how to work a specific stitch, try some practice rows first! This holiday season, make holiday decor special with Mr. & Mrs. Claus and the cute little elves. The possibilities are endless. Valentine Gnomes

Another no-sew gnome on our list, the tree topper gnome! This project takes less than five minutes to finish yet it produces a beautiful result. Glue some fur onto any tree topper you have, attach a nose to it, add some decorations to the hat, and you’ll get a brand new gnome before you know it!Ideas for sealant: Liquitex varnish (my choice), polyurethane sealant (I prefer the spray-on style), and ModPodge are all good options. Apply sealant in long, light brush strokes or long, thin passes with the spray can. Take the bottom piece and with the right side facing in, pin or clip into the bottom. Sew into place, easing the stitching along the curves, and being careful with the legs. The bottom piece is a slight oval. Mark the side ‘ends’ of the oval shape. Use pins or wonderclips to attach the bottom piece to the circular bottom edge of the gnome body. The ‘ends’ of the oval should be placed at the side seams of the gnome body. Trace and cut out the gnome body shape, bottom circle shape and hat shapes out of the fabric, per the pattern. The easiest way to make a rice base gnome is shown here. And the little hearts on their felt hats just melt my heart.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment