276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brooks Men's Launch Gts 8 Running Shoe

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are a severe over pronator I would NOT go with these, but if you only slightly overpronate like me, these are perfect ::chef’s kiss:: The Catamount 2 is a streamlined trail shoe that offers a peppy, responsive ride with plenty of protection for your feet. The key to its energetic feel is in the midsole: Like the original, it features a thin layer of Brooks’ highly responsive DNA Flash cushion, as well as a new and improved SkyVault midsole plate made with thermoplastic polyurethane. Sam: The outsole is a new compound called Green Rubber. It is silica based instead of petroleum rubber based and as such is more sustainable. Cushion shoes, as the name implies, are designed to create a soft, pillowy feel underfoot. The Glycerin 20 is the flagship shoe in this category and Brooks’ most cushioned trainer. If you like plush, maximalist shoes that provide plenty of padding for your feet, this is where to start.

Renee: The Rebel v2 was my favorite road shoe of 2021. The midsole is magic. The Launch 8 is a more traditional, firmer ride, for daily miles. For speed and tempo work, the Rebel v2 is better. The Launch 8 has better protection underfoot, but I’ve used the Rebel v2 from short speed work to 20 milers on gravel. Sizing is comparable. The Launch GTS 9 surprised me. Opening the box I was intrigued by the light feel; visibly it was a different shoe from the Ravenna 11, which I ran in in 2020, particularly regarding the very thin tongue. This thin tongue is a change from the Launch GTS 8 as well. The midsole is Brooks’ eco friendly BioMoGo DNA foam that’s firm and springy. It allowed me to lift off with relative ease after impact. It’s not the most responsive foam out there, but for the price it’s great. ALDREN (GTS): Anyone that’s a fan of the previous Ravenna 11 will likely be a fan of the Launch GTS 8. I mean it won’t blow you out of the park, but it will get the job done. This handled all my speed work sessions in the last few weeks.

The Launch 9 is an excellent single shoe in the quiver for the high school or college runner as it can handle all paces and should prove durable. The same applies to faster runners piling on the miles in relatively short runs. I’m a long-time fan of the Guide Rails for stability and applaud Brooks for continuing to use this concept.

DNA Flash, like DNA Loft v3, is nitrogen-infused EVA foam, but it’s optimized for low weight and high energy return. It also offers some softness to absorb impacts. It’s Brooks’ lightest cushioning material, giving shoes like the Hyperion Tempo their propulsive, energetic ride. It’s the foam you want under your feet if you’re focused on speed training or racing.

Brooks Launch GTS 9 Upper Unit

I want to introduce you to a shoe which lives up to those exact criteria - a shoe for the neutral runner and for the one who needs stability. Its a running shoe that compromises very well and a shoe that I have been crazy about for many years. Say hello to Brooks Launch 8! Sam: Puma’s Nitro foam: responsive, soft, bouncier swings me towards the Velocity in this match up although if you really need some stability you might be better off in the Launch GTS or even regular. Launch GTS 9 weighs only 8 oz. in women’s size 9.5 which matches the weight of the ASICS Gel DS Trainer 26 and Magic Speed as well as the adidas Adizero Pro, all fast shoes I’ve appreciated in the past two years. Look, I’m just going to be honest, when I slipped this shoe on I had a moment of panic. I beat my previous pair of Brooks Launch to smithereens, I loved them so much. So far, this wasn’t feeling much like it at all. Rather, it felt stiff and like there was just too much shoe going on for something in the Launch franchise, but I was willing to give it a chance! Sam: The Launch is a traditional 10mm drop daily run trainer that has been a long time favorite on the lighter, less cushioned, more agile end of the category. With the 8 we saw Brooks add a second Launch version with GuideRails GTS (Go-To-Support) thus replacing the Ravenna as the light stability trainer in the line up.

New Green Rubber outsole (not the color) is made of silica, making it more sustainable for the environment. Whether you overpronate or you just want some extra support when your feet get fatigued, the Launch is a solid choice—and proof that stable doesn’t have to mean slow. The extra, firmer foam on the heel doesn’t feel as aggressive with correcting my stride as a medial post or dual-density foam. It isn’t the most plush shoe on the market, and its high drop may feel uncomfortable for some runners. But the Ghost does a great job of absorbing impact forces, and the footbed feels supportive—ideal for a day-to-day training shoe. Its upper is made with a breathable engineered mesh for good temperature regulation, and the shoe has a great overall fit: The midfoot is relatively wide, so it won’t constrict your feet. The padding around the collar creates a comfortable feel. Testers reported no issues with hot spots or rubbing. Overall, the Ghost 15 is an approachable, capable shoe that works well for a wide range of runners.

GTS Guide Rails are not in the way of transition or over rigid/firm, a slight improvement over 8 for this neutral heel striker at slower paces Sam In RW testing, the Hyperion Max proved itself to be a capable performer in a variety of scenarios: “I could wear this shoe for almost every aspect of training,” said one tester. Need one shoe that can keep up with a variety of workouts? The Hyperion Max should be at the top of your list.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment